Skip to content

Looking for Tobex

SyndareeSyndaree Member Posts: 56
Hey everyone!

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-ultimate-baldurs-gate-experience/

I found this great website some time ago and I really want to set myself up for the whole trilogy experience but there is one minor problem - I can't seem to find the Tobex mod anywhere. The Spellhold Studios are down, I tried googling it extensively and came up with only one source.

https://github.com/Ascension64/TobEx

I copied a weidu setup.exe from another weidu mod but I wasn't able to successfully install Tobex because the install can't find the file TobExLoader.exe which is supposed to be in TobEx_redist but it's not.

Does anyone have a working version of TobEx I could download please? Or is TobEx skippable even though the guide suggests it's recommended?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    If you don't mind me asking, are you using the classic games or the new Enhanced Edition versions? (I'm just asking because while your question implies you're using classic, we're on the Beamdog forums..)

If you are using the EE versions, ToBex is not an option for you since it doesn't work with the EEs. Good news is that most of the ToBex features (sadly, not all) have been implemented in EE by default, along with a number of new QoL features.. so you're not loosing out on much.

Anyway, I haven't actually checked it but I would assume that if you download a packed release file it will contain all necessary components: LINK
  • SyndareeSyndaree Member Posts: 56
    I apologize for the lack of clarity :)

I spent most of time playing Baldur's Gate using the Enhanced versions, but my first ever RPG was the original Baldur's Gate II and I really wanted to replay the whole saga using the old school game.

I tried downloading the stuff from the link you posted but I still couldn't get it to work. Either I'm missing something or that file that was missing in my original attempt is still absent in the files in the link :(
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    This GitHub link only provides the source code, so you'll need to compile it yourself. I am not aware of any site outside of SHS providing with a download for the already compiled loader but thankfully the good old Wayback Machine has you covered.
  • SyndareeSyndaree Member Posts: 56
    That is perfect, thank you very much! :)