Skip to content

BG2 NPC Sound Sets for IWD2

korotamakorotama Member Posts: 1
Salutations, fellow community members!
This request will probably strike you as odd but given that there is no enhanced edition of Icewind Dale 2 yet, I've bought the original version off GOG and done some fiddling with the settings and then applied various tweaks and fixes. I've got the game working nearly flawlessly and some custom portraits in although I'm having a hard time finding the sound sets I need. A guy by the name of Khazraj uploaded a slew of sound sets for IWD2 onto Sorcerers.net a long time ago so that has me covered as far as Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira. However, I still need to find sets for Aerie, Anomen and my hero (who I believe has a generic male voice from either BG1 or BG2). In the event that the sets are impossible to find, I guess I can settle for fewer sounds and interjections by renaming the files I got from a BG2 NPC sound pack but I'm still trying to figure out how I should rename the files so as to match IWD2's sound list. Any help whatsoever would be tremendously appreciated.
I will be more than grateful for prompt feedback. Thanks.

EDIT: By the way, the BG2 sound sets I have come with a total of 36 sound files per character, which I believe is higher than the current number for BG2:EE so I suppose I need the sound list for the original BG2 but can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet.
Post edited by korotama on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you use the program Near Infinity you can check out the CSOUND.2da for IWD 2 and the ids for SNDSLOT.ids to see which number corresponds to which

also, you can use Near Infinity to export sounds from bg1 and bg2 and then you can bring them over to IWD 2 if you want

this may take some work, but once you know what you are doing, it should go by quicker

so lets says for example you have Male009 for your sounds set

so by looking at BG 2 EE's SNDSLOT.IDS you can see which number equals which sounds example:

0 INITIAL_MEETING
    1 MORALE
    2 HAPPY
    3 UNHAPPY_ANNOYED
    4 UNHAPPY_SERIOUS
    5 UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT
    6 LEADER
    7 TIRED
    8 BORED
    9 BATTLE_CRY1
    10 BATTLE_CRY2
    11 BATTLE_CRY3
    12 BATTLE_CRY4
    13 BATTLE_CRY5

ect ect

then you need to go into the .2da ( CSOUNDS.2DA) to see what you need to match your sound file with to match to the ids for example;

6 is b, so that means when your character is put in the lead you would name your file; Male009b
    7 is c, which means when you character is tired you want your file name to have; Male009c
    8 is d, which means you want to but the "bored" sound in this slot and you would name is; Male009d

note that i believe you can only have 7 letters or numbers represent the sound set you wish to use ( example; male009 male011 mainchar humanma humanfe, if your sound set has 8 letters or more, the game might not pick it up )

also if everything is done correctly with all the lower case and numbers on the tale end of your sound file, when you go to character creation you should only see ex; male009 ( and not all the a,b,c,d,e,f, and all that )

and luckily in the past i have use Near Infinity with IWD 2 so that is a bonus and i know it will work
    Gusinda