Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mods installing but not working in game (every mod)

PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
So. I am back to BGII:EE and I have the steam version on linux, I have the set up with CIOPFS to ignore upper-case and enable me to install weidu mods as I have done in the past. The base game works fine and I can get through the installation of my mods. In the end I have my override folder filled with all sorts of files I would expect after installing a bunch of mods.

But when I start the game all I get is the base game. No kits are available, no skipping of chateau irenicus... nothing I have installed is actually in the game. It is as if the game I modded was on a different folder (and it is not, I have checked with the steam properties).

I have no clue what is going on. except that it might have something to do with steam as the default path for games has changed from .local/share/steam/steamapps/common to .steam/share/debian-installation/steamapps/common. There is also a folder .steam/share/steam/steamapps/common and that is the one I use to do the modding as it seems to be linked with the debian-installation one and every change I make on it appears on the debian-instalaltion folder as well.