Skip to content

Silverymoon

Boy495Boy495 Member Posts: 7
edited September 2019 in General Modding
whw35nba2ae9.png

Hello all, just wanted to share some art I started a long time ago on the SHS site and recently got back into again. It was meant as a total conversion project, though how reasonable that is, I'm not sure. More or less functioning as a creative output these days and a chance to practice 3D modelling in my spare time.

Back when I started I had a really old PC and an ancient version of 3DS Max, and it was interesting to try again with a modern set-up and new program (Blender).

Enjoy!

*I made the images as links as to not bombard viewers with art overload :)

Winters Edge:

Town of Winters Edge
Woodcutter
Trapper
Trader
Tavern
Mayor
Home
Another Home
Fisherman
Cellar

Rauvin Vale/River Areas:

Rauvin Valley
Glade
Caverns
Cave
Orc Camp
Rauvinwatch Keep
Rauvinwatch Keep Interior
Barracks
Smithy

Silverymoon:

The Moorgate

Comments

• kiskikiski Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2019
    Hi,

nice. I mean very nice. Although personally I do not like Moorgate (way too shiny adn clean to my taste :wink: ), as a 3D modeller I must say that art is fine. Especially interiors are very nicely done.

I´ve made my own areas long time ago (can be found here on forum), and also offered them to community (not as TC, but as a new city). So far found zero modders to make it alive in IE, so I hope you´ll be more lucky than me. Btw, you could make interiors for me... I hate to make interiors. What say you?
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Very nice job. ;)

Always being impressed by people who master 3D modeling. My first attempts were so ugly I decided to stick to 2D map art.

kiski, I fear I missed your post. Could you provide a link? I am looking for a new paladin fortress, minings and a forest that I could fill with unicorns...
  • kiskikiski Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2019
    @Gwendolyne : You didn´t miss it. You even answered there :smile: Just search for "City Area Art". Btw, you wrote there you´ll take a look on script for mass wall poly copy, but nothing happened so far :disappointed:
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Oops. o:)

Sorry. I remember now. I began to write a piece of code but had to delay it, too many translation and proofreading jobs' fault. I hope I will get rid of them till the end of the month and will be able to finish the wed macro. ;)
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited September 2019
    Damn these are really phenomenal. Do you already have plans to convert them into full area files or are you just releasing them for potential use by modders?

Either way, really nice job!

I do agree that the Moorgate looks a bit too clean for a city. Adding some grime on the streets would also help reduce the tiling effect of the cobblestone road.
    Post edited by Aquadrizzt on
  • Boy495Boy495 Member Posts: 7
    Hey thanks all!

Not sure what the plan is. Just seems so daunting to make a mod, so I dunno. Probably just sit on them for awhile, though it's nice to get some practice in 3D modelling.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    My favourite place in the Realms modelled in gorgeous Infinity Engine detail ? o.O This cries out for a mod !