Skip to content

Can floating damage numbers be removed?

sippelmcsippelmc Member Posts: 45
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is some way to surpress the floating numbers that appear on damage events (blueish). I know there isn't a setting...at least that I've found...so I am wondering if it's possible to replace with whatever asset it is (don't or image) with blanks so they don't show at least. Has anyone ever tried this? Thanks for any insights!

Comments

• SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    @sippelmc You can turn on and off the floating numbers, along with the floating combat mode messages with the "Enable Floaty Text Feedback" checkbox.

You can find it in Game Options > Feedback Options.

p1jm1j85zvlh.png
  • sippelmcsippelmc Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2019
    Thank you kind sir! I cannot believe I missed that! I'll play around...but is there any solution that will eliminate the floating damage numbers only?
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    Those numbers use a texture named fnt_floaty_smal so depending on how thorough you want to be, you could make a new 32 bit tga with that name and make it completely transparent, then put it in your override or a hak. I haven't delved too deeply into this, so I don't know for sure if any other floating numbers would be undesirably affected.
    Thanks so much! I am going to give transposing the the font files with something transparent a shot.
    Thanks very much I modified the fnt_floaty_smal.TXI file for that and set the fontheight to 0.0. That pretty much did the trick and it does not display any texture/tga now. I'm guessing with TTF down the road this might not work but its good for now! Thanks again.