Skip to content

Player Skin Blueprint?

Just wondering if there is a standard blueprint for the player skin or is it hidden? Maybe I'm just blind. I looked through the creature items skin/hide and did find an "empty creature skin" and "henchmen properties" but specifically looking for the default player one. I know the res ref but just can't find the item blueprint.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    See Lexicon:
    The new PC skin is not in the toolset, but if necessary, it can be created from the resref x3_it_pchide.
    However, given that the system scripts go out of their way to equip the PC skin and add the default properties, I can't think of any reason for creating it in the toolset. The safest method by far is to let the system do the work, then add any custom properties to the skin by script (in x3_mod_pre_enter, if you need the PC to have them as soon as they enter the module).
    NeverwinterWights
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Proleric wrote: »
    See Lexicon:
    The new PC skin is not in the toolset, but if necessary, it can be created from the resref x3_it_pchide.
    However, given that the system scripts go out of their way to equip the PC skin and add the default properties, I can't think of any reason for creating it in the toolset. The safest method by far is to let the system do the work, then add any custom properties to the skin by script (in x3_mod_pre_enter, if you need the PC to have them as soon as they enter the module).

I have an almost OCD compulsion to keep my script list as small and as organized as possible. If I can avoid adding another to the list I do. Same reason I didn't import the CEP erf for all the items and scripts. Just make em as I need em. Thank you for the info.