Skip to content

Multiplayer bugs

FenrirsViceFenrirsVice Member Posts: 2
edited November 2012 in Not An Issue
When sleeping (it seems to happen mostly in inns) it will randomly say paused for rest but no one is in the movie and as such it is stuck perma-paused.

Also when trying to re-load there are countless issues with trying to get the game back up and running, it feels as if the multiplayer was never quality tested and considering it was delayed by a few months that is a little disapointing...

Science has been done, out of the five times we tried, every time it bugged out while resting in an inn
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• MusicboxMusicbox Member Posts: 14
    We had the same kind of issue when sleeping in the black pits after the first fight ! The game get stucked in pause mode !
  • orion2002orion2002 Member Posts: 3
    Yep, it seems to be definitely something within the multiplayer games. I noticed that if you rest in the wilderness it works perfectly fine, sometimes a little delayed, but it never "perma-pauses"
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    I seem to remember that in the original game, when you rested in an inn a cutscene would play. However, in multiplayer, no cutscene occurs ( Host or Client side). This seems to cause a problem where the host is waiting for the cutscene to end client side, but since there is no cutscene, it never ends. The only way to unpause is for the client to leave game. I haven't been able to test if this works if there are more than two players, and only one disconnects, or if all have to disconnect for it to unpause. If all had to disconnect, this would point to the above issue.
  • AtansAtans Member Posts: 10
    Anyone else having the same problem? My buddy and I intended to actually finish BG1 through BGEE since we were hoping for a vastly improved multiplayer support, but it seems to have been untouched.

I can host a game and he can join, but once we try to launch his client crashes and I'm loaded into the game solo. When he hosts I can't even connect but crash when I click "join". We've tried using IPs, and we've tried using Hamachi IPs- nothing works.

We have used Hamachi in the past to play both BG1 and BG2 just fine, so why this gives us problems neither of us knows. Does anyone have any similar issues?
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Merged bug reports :)
  • orion2002orion2002 Member Posts: 3
    Atans said:

Anyone else having the same problem? My buddy and I intended to actually finish BG1 through BGEE since we were hoping for a vastly improved multiplayer support, but it seems to have been untouched.

I can host a game and he can join, but once we try to launch his client crashes and I'm loaded into the game solo. When he hosts I can't even connect but crash when I click "join". We've tried using IPs, and we've tried using Hamachi IPs- nothing works.

We have used Hamachi in the past to play both BG1 and BG2 just fine, so why this gives us problems neither of us knows. Does anyone have any similar issues?

Be sure to have port 47630 UDP open on the host's router otherwise the other persons client will crash when they go to join the game. When/if they get to join the lobby just open up a character slot for them and you should be good to go.

• RawesomeRawesome Member Posts: 8
    ChrisYui said:

I seem to remember that in the original game, when you rested in an inn a cutscene would play. However, in multiplayer, no cutscene occurs ( Host or Client side). This seems to cause a problem where the host is waiting for the cutscene to end client side, but since there is no cutscene, it never ends. The only way to unpause is for the client to leave game. I haven't been able to test if this works if there are more than two players, and only one disconnects, or if all have to disconnect for it to unpause. If all had to disconnect, this would point to the above issue.

I think you've got something there.
    When resting outdoors the cinematic plays properly, and it doesn't get stuck, while resting in a dungeon or inn, it just immediately goes into "perma-pause".
  • BAK2K3BAK2K3 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi all,

Just to let you know know, you can temporarily fix the "resting" bug for anywhere in an Inn or Dungeon by going to the folder "Beamdog\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\movies" - making 2 extra copies of rest.wbm and naming one of them restinn.wbm, and the other restdung.wbm, and hey presto, you can rest anywhere :)

Although there seem to be major multiplayer issues that make it rather difficult to play, such as travelling and joining multiplayer sessions. It's playable, if you have patience, but it gets a bit frustrating after a while!

Hope this fix helps you guys!