Skip to content

are old companions speaking new dialogue?

i could have sworn i dont remember jaheira and khalid interupting me and talking in the original. i remember when i played for the first time last year there being a lack of party conversations compared to bg2. did this just never happen to me in the original for some reason, or should i expect some more party talk from the old characters. not that i dont mind taking a moment from adventuring to hear what they have to say rather than following almost silently. overall, i am liking the enhanced edition so far. not fond of the new movies, but they are for the most part similar. i wont complain though. they look much nicer than the old in terms of graphics.

Comments

• TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    Im 99.9% sure they did not add any new content or dialog for npcs. MIGHT have fixed a few bugged ones from never firing. but adding new content to old characters was forbidden.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Except where those old NPCs interact with the new NPCs. Kind of a legal loophole that was necessary in order to make the new NPCs not feel out of place.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    I got neera and she mentioned turning into a squrriel and minsc text boxed no voice that boo may have a little friend, andshe replied try to keep him away from me =P I think thats all the new text ive seen other then Neeras text.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    perhaps it was bugged. she interupted me while i was walking around getting the quests in friendly arm inn and hurried me to get out. i wish i could remember the exact dialog, but i hope she doesn't get annoying. happened twice yesterday with the same dialogue so i would like to think i wont hear that one dialogue too often.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I've seen the old npc's interact with the new npc's, but no new dialogue aside from this for the old npcs
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Rasaad died in my group (big surprise ^^), and Imoen said something along the lines of "Poor Rasaad..." something something. And yes, it was voiced.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Imoen has new dialog but it sounds like the same voice actress so I assume it's original content that she never spoke for some reason. I've heard at least towlines I've never heard before.
    edited November 2012
    Are the new lines voice by the same VA? I haven't gotten any new characters yet so haven't heard anything other than the potentially bugged jaheira one I mentioned. When I get back I should get down to neshkel today and finish that so I could get new chars along the way
  • AitricAitric Member Posts: 4
    Zanian said:

Rasaad died in my group (big surprise ^^), and Imoen said something along the lines of "Poor Rasaad..." something something. And yes, it was voiced.

That sounds like the voiced line from BG2. I think she says something like "Poor sod, went and took a death nap too soon"

• wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    There never was much Banter in BG1. I suspect well get a lot more interactions in BG2:EE
  • BillBill Member Posts: 18
    Reminds me of Baldur's gate 2 (I think) where Jaheira started talking about our relationship.....while in the midst of battle with deadly monsters!

"Not NOW Jaheira!"
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Are you sure Imoen didn't say "Poor Sap"?

According to IMDB, Melissa Disney voiced Imoen in BG1/2. She is not amongst the voice actors listed in the BG:EE credits.
    I can't remember what she said but her grammar was terrible as usual! I'll see if he says something unfamiliar again when I get home.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2012
    edit: nvm, already said..
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    She says the poor sod line every time a character in your party dies, I'm pretty sure.

As for dialogues with new NPCs and old NPCs, I've seen some (Viconia and Rasaad just love each other).

I've heard other banters too, but between old-old NPCs, I haven't heard any for the time being. There might be some though, Overhaul wasn't allowed to edit the existing content, but they could have added to it :)
    She disn't say poor sod though. Someone else suggested that.
    Okay I just did a quick google search and found the line - something about Trollops and plug tails (wtf???) so I guess it is an original line - I just don't remember her ever saying it in my vanilla game.
    @Cheesebelly I might have to try viconia and rassad later. At school right now on my iPod. I can't resist the call of adventure. Friends think I am weird for liking this game (:
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @allhailsteve : that's one of the rare selection lines Imoen has. "Do you wanna tell me a story about trollops and plug tails, pleeeeease???". You can hear it in vanilla if you click on her several times consecutively.
  • crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71
    Khalid and Jahiera always had the "'twould take a sailor to untie that tongue" dialogue, and probably others I don't remember that I haven't seen yet. NPC banters are an Infinity Engine tradition.