Skip to content

Custom vocalsets not playing entirely.

XriahXriah Member Posts: 25
I created a custom vocalset for my character today. All files are names XXXXXa.wav through XXXXXw.wav. They are recorded 22khz 16 bit mono. The proper name comes up in the sound selection and the preview button plays all the wav files correctly. However, in game, I only hear a couple of sound files used. One of the selected, one of the rare selected, and the daylight comment.

As an additional test, I renamed the Male4 wav files to Male7, and I renamed my custom files to Male4. The result was that my custom sound files played fine (with the wrong captions of course) and the Male7 files refused to play at all in game or in the preview.

Comments

• MunroMunro Member Posts: 12
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue, but I had only one action acknowledgement working, the daytime comment, and no selection sounds.

I tried the sound option which makes characters speak whenever you select them, and got absolutely no results. The sound set I used I've tested in Baldur's Gate and Shadows of Amn, and it worked perfectly there. Again, the previews played as expected in the character creation screen.
  • LaucilosLaucilos Member Posts: 2
    Custom voice sets play just fine in the character creation screen. However, only the "Action Acknowledgement 1" voice, or the 'XXXXXXXi.wav' file can be heard during the gameplay.

All the voices should be played according to its description on the sndlist.txt file, in the "sounds" folder.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    This should be fixed in the next version.
  • Saber_ScorpionSaber_Scorpion Member Posts: 8
    I hope so, Coriander.

Exact same problem here. Tried importing both the BG1 and BG2 versions of all my custom voice sets, and only "Action Acknowledgement 1" plays in-game. Otherwise the character is completely silent.
  • XriahXriah Member Posts: 25
    This bug is still around. I know bigger fish are being fried right now, but I'd really like to see this one fixed soon.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited December 2012
    some of us make the custom soundset working by replacing the existing ones.
    you can try it...but it's not guaranteed.
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    I have this issue as well... Discouraging, because I don't want to delve into the Black pits until I have my party of custom guys set D:

Hope this gets fixed soon, I can't imagine this being that tough of a problem to solve. I'm no programmer though.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Any success with this? @Saber_Scorpion