Skip to content

Helmet's

Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
Heres a few suggestions on helmets. Thumbs Up if you like it!

More Helmet appearance's in Baldur's Gate EE would be great.

An option to hide helmets has been suggested on Beamdogs forum (Cant recall whos idea it was unfourtenetly)

Adding the existing helmets in Baldurs Gate 1 Engine to 2 (I think its a mod avaible for this. also i think this was suggested in another thread, sorry if i repeat it.)
HeroicSpurBhryaenConphantustrinitKoreAndreaColomboIngwarr23AlejandroFlauschigAntonTeddysolLock

Comments

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Agree with all of this. Really should be implemented.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Given that the source models were lost for BG1 it's doubtful we'll see that reintroduced, and with animations not being approached for BGEE, any new models are likely out too. The best we could get would be a rework of the Infinity Animations type of deal by which installing and even perhaps creating better helms (among other things) would be more likely.

The helm hiding idea though I'm thinking they can do, maybe with a right-click on the inventory paperdoll's head or something. I do hope they do that
    trinit
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Are the BG2 models being reworked, as in are they getting their resolution reworked to accomodate the zoom feature? Have they said anything about that?
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    Yes please! i wanted to comment on helmets design, but i will refrain. i would very much like to see AT LEAST the option to turn off helmet animations. if redesign is possible maybe it would be nice to see some more subtle helmet designs.
    with less horns... and angry lizard membranes... um yeah...
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Yup I'm in favour of this too. I'm having a bit of a dilemma about whether we should be able to switch off helmets though. I do love seeing some characters go bare headed, but it seems unreasonable to them to not take a consequence for it. Maybe implement some ioun stones in BG1 as a compromise? :)
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    Yup I'm in favour of this too. I'm having a bit of a dilemma about whether we should be able to switch off helmets though. I do love seeing some characters go bare headed, but it seems unreasonable to them to not take a consequence for it. Maybe implement some ioun stones in BG1 as a compromise? :)

i agree, but i think bhryaen has a point also. if helmets would be clickable on paperdolls, that would enable very fine customisation. besides, trent tweeted about un-hardcoding the paperdolls if i'm not mistaken... :)

• Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    Just a quick question, isnt there a mod that restores helmet to use with the BG 2 Models? i think i read something about it somewhere.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited June 2012
    @Zymran86

One Pixel Production (aka 1PP) can restore the original helmets, at least in terms of inventory icons and paperdolls. With Infinity Animations you can get the character animations back too, but you'll have to give up on dual-wielding. I do not recall any mod or component that would restore BG1 helms while maintaining BG2 animations.

There's an unfinished 1PP component that changes BG2 helms to look like their inventory / paperdolls icons. It should be downloadable from SHS. Erephine wasn't quite satisfied with the result yet, but it probably looks tons better than the originals already.
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    edited June 2012
    @AndreaColombo Thanks for the info.
    I guess its alot about taste, i like some elements in both Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, thats why i think helmets from both games should be implented, and thanks for bumping this,
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    More nice winged and horned helmets.
    Anton
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    *thumbs up for option to hide helmet*
    Flauschig
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    *thumbs up for option to hide helmet*
    If BG2 helemt animation remains, Im totaly for hiding helmets. the BG2 helemts are AWFUL! ( specially the horned helmets.. oh the horror... )
    AndreaColombo
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Fun Fact:
    If you equip a helmet on a monk character that can't wear helmets, it goes completely loopy when the monk does his/her kicking animation.

On Topic:
    I've always enjoyed the plumed and winged helmets. More! Place them randomly in shops and such!
    Anton