Skip to content

Resurrecting NPCs in Console/EEKeeper - Quest Question

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

I had Rasaad in my party and he got gibbed and replaced long ago. But now I've decided I want to do his quest. I used the console to create him via C:CreateCreature(Rasaad), but he won't interact with me.

1) If I also used console commands to make him join the party, would his quest triggers eventually occur, or is the creature I created disconnected from his quest?
2) If the latter, is there a way to create him that would have his quest links?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    If the quest or perhaps something that precedes the quest hasn't triggered yet I suppose that you can ressurect him via console.
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    Right. My question is, having resurrected him via console and added him to the party via ctrl+q, will his quest triggers occur, or will the game treat him as a separate character?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    quests occuring are based on variables, if they variables have been set, then everything should continue as normal

so i want to say everything should be good, if not, message us back and we will have to dig in deeper to see what is happening, because rasaad has a huge amount of variable stuff that will have to be dug through to figure his quest out if its not firing

from what i can gather, sometime after 10 game days you may be way laid by enemies ( or non enemies? ) in some weird place
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    quests occuring are based on variables, if they variables have been set, then everything should continue as normal

so i want to say everything should be good, if not, message us back and we will have to dig in deeper to see what is happening, because rasaad has a huge amount of variable stuff that will have to be dug through to figure his quest out if its not firing

from what i can gather, sometime after 10 game days you may be way laid by enemies ( or non enemies? ) in some weird place

Thanks. How could I check in eekeeper if the appropriate variables are set, once I've gotten him into the party?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    BelacRLJ wrote: »

Thanks. How could I check in eekeeper if the appropriate variables are set, once I've gotten him into the party?

Well, it's all there on the "global variables" section , but you have to know what you're looking for because all the variables that happened or are supposed to happen according to your game are there.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    BelacRLJ wrote: »

im not 100% sure because i have only used rasaad once and that was when bg2 first came out,

if it was me, i would have a "test save" where i would find an area where i could sleep uncontested for 10 days or so straight and just start wandering everywhere and see if you eventually get way laid by baddies

from what i could tell, i want to say this is how is stuff starts, as i said before, im not too familiar with rasaad's quest so its much harder for me to know what variables/what actually needs to go forth to actually activate is stuff