Skip to content

HotU Chapter 3: How do you get into the "Beneath the Ice" cave?

ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
So I've arrived in the Deepest Wastes of Cania after talking to the Knower of Places, and in the northern part of the map there is a cave entrance labelled "Beneath the Ice", but I can't seem to find a way to get to it. Walkthroughs seem to suggest that there is some sort of area in there, but none of them give any instructions for how to actually reach it. There doesn't appear to be anything the demonic grappling hand can hook onto, and transforming into a pixie doesn't let me fly across the lava gorge. What am I missing? It's been too long since I last played HotU and I can't remember if I ran into this in my previous NWN Diamond version or not.

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I finally discovered the solution after watching several Let's Plays on Youtube to see if any of them found the solution (fun fact: 4/5 of the Let's Plays I watched all couldn't figure it out and just skipped the side-quest/area!)

So what was going wrong? It turns out that you do need to use the Grappling Hand to cross the lava gorge, BUT... the torch for the hand to grab onto does not show up unless you are wearing the Sleeping Man's ring.