Skip to content

Fallout 1 and 2 Remastered

Salted11Salted11 Member Posts: 4
Hear me out! Fallout 1 and 2 are owned by Bethesda, with a pedigree to the BG:EEs through Black Isle and Interplay. If the EEs on mobile and now console systems prove fruitful, consider the revenue available to Beamdog and Bethesda both by embarking on a means to remaster/enhance these two classics. Thanks to fan-based mods (just like BG series) there are quests left on the cutting room floor that could be reinserted with the myriad of bug fixes and tweaks to AI (no more Ian spraying bullets through all his peers) as well as potential studio-made additions (like Neera and Dorn) to allow for a bit more monetization on behalf of Beamdog. I'd spring for these in a second, having already finished the games multiple times, multiple ways.

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Not gonna happen. Bethesda is very possessive of their IP's (enough so that they even filed a lawsuit against another studio for merely having "Scrolls" in their game's title). To put it bluntly: it's a legal minefield at the best of times.

The other thing is Beamdog themselves stated that they have now fully switched from remastering older titles in favour of creating their own games. We won't be seeing any new EE's from them.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You almost gave me a heart attack with this title, pal.