Skip to content

BG2 arrow stack modding - please help

majbermajber Member Posts: 53
Hi,

I have a question: what file should I edit to increase how many arrows I could have in one stack?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    depends on what program you are using

if you are using NI you can increase the max stack amount with any stackable ( i believe the limit is 65535? ) but you have to do this with EVERY stackable item

so if you wanted to increase the max stack of arrows, bolts, bullets and darts, you would have to go into the item file of each of those and manually set them higher
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    The easiest way to accomplish this is to just make use of cd tweaks.
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    depends on what program you are using

if you are using NI you can increase the max stack amount with any stackable ( i believe the limit is 65535? ) but you have to do this with EVERY stackable item

so if you wanted to increase the max stack of arrows, bolts, bullets and darts, you would have to go into the item file of each of those and manually set them higher

I know but what exacly item file I need to edit?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so if you are using NI open it up and click on the ITM folder to open it up

now select the "piece of ammunition" you wish to edit ( you are going to need to know the item codes for this ( ee keeper can help you find these, although they are pretty basic and easy to find )

so lets edit an ordinary arrow for example;

so you go down the item list until we find; AROW01.ITEM

click on that, and then to the right you are going to have; View Edit Raw ( tabs near the top )

click on the edit tab and 24 lines down you will see; Maximum in stack - 80 ( if you are playing the EEs with no mods )

to change the "80" double click and add the new amount you want

then after you have input your desired amount, click once on a random other line and then hit save on the bottom

now your arrows will have a new "maximum stack"

as i said, if you are going to be doing this with NI you will have to do this separately for each piece of ammunition

also to note, any editing and saving of items here will go directly to your over ride folder, so if you ever want to go back to default you can delete it from your over ride

( also you can copy paste these over ride items from bg to bg 2 to iwd and vice versa - granted if that item exists in that game - so then you don't have to manually edit each IE game, just have to do it for one game and then copy paste over to the others )