Skip to content

NWN:EE Custom Portraits Bug

Hey everyone,

I just got the android version of NWNEE and I have been playing it for about a week or so when I encountered a pretty nasty bug that I couldn't figure out how to fix. When I first got the game I went ahead and added my PC version portraits to the proper area and I was able to get the custom portraits to work fine. However, when I went to open up my phone save on my PC so I could give my dwarven fighter a dwarven waraxe (the OC struggles) using console command I ran into the following issue. Whenever I save my game it doesn't seem to save the portrait for viewing it in the loading menu. I still have the portrait in game with all its functionality but when I go to load the game I just see a blank black area where the character portrait would have been. To top this when I go and look in the save folder for my character it shows the portrait.tga as 0kb. I have tried many things, including resetting the game on the phone entirely and have gotten mixed results. In some cases it allows me to play the game without issue and doesn't show the portrait in the load menu. In other cases when I try to quicksave/save after having reinstalled the portraits it crashes the game and when I go to load the save it is says that "Could not load the module. Module file might be corrupt OR it was created using a new version of the toolset and/or game resources". One thing that I have to note is that I created the portraits using the consule converter. I haven't had any issues with my portraits up to this point. Any help would be appreciated.