Skip to content

Icewind Dale's spell progression for Baldur's Gate

PaiN_VIPaiN_VI Member Posts: 28
edited November 2019 in General Modding
Hello everyone

I've been looking at Icewind Dale's spell progressions and saw that it would be very interesting to use them on Baldur's gate. So I adapted them to be functional in Baldur's Gate. Not a big deal, but I think it can help a lot of players (especially those who use Jaheira, you'll see why). I also made three exclusive Clerics spells universal to help the Druids: Protection From Evil, Remove Fear and Hold Person.

Changes in some classes:
- Bards: Bards now have spells up to level 8 (obviously at a very high level: 29).
- Paladins and Rangers: now reach level 6 spells (at level 29). In Icewind Dale, they get priest spells at level 6 so to avoid inconsistencies with the class descriptions I changed them to receive at levels 8 and 9 as usual.
- Druids: I had to use the same level progression that is used in Icewind Dale because they have a huge leap from level 14 to 15 in spell slots. Now the amount of a Druid's spells is equal to that of the Clerics. Before, they max level was 13 million of xp, now is 7,425 million.
- Wizards: before they only had 2 level 9 spells to cast, now 6.

NPCs:
- The "new" progression only has differences with the old at very high levels, so you will have no problem with the spells already memorized by the NPCs.
- The new spells that druids have are only added after level up on NPCs.
- Jaheira: with the old progression, Jaheira being multiclass had trouble reaching level 15 of the druid in SoA. That was a shit because you would need at least 6 million xp to get it. This is no longer a problem now. And with the new spells, she becomes even more useful as a protector.

Notes:
- Sorry for english errors
- To "install" just extract the files and copy and paste in the override folder
Post edited by PaiN_VI on