I finally got the part of his quest in the docks to trigger, and completed it.
I understand the (optional) fight in the building next to the Seven Suns being not difficult, but the whole Cloud Peaks map was disappointing.
Just a series of small groups of monks interspersed with a few archers. Repetitive enemy tactics, easily countered. My party is level 5, and my two main melee tanks were blinded early on but still wiped the floor with the enemy throughout.
Is there a mod that creates more variety/difficulty? For example:
1) more traps, and in areas of active battle
2) more enemy spellcasters (Gamaz mentions he now has powers of sorcery, but aside from Shocking Grasp, Blur, and Blindness neither he nor his followers cast anything).
3) stronger monks (can they cast Invisibility instead of/in addition to Blur?)
4) more enemies in general, including respawns behind the party
5) Strengthen Gamaz. I know a major plot point is Rasaad being stronger than him, but he didn't put up much of a fight at all. The rest of my party didn't even help Rasaad.
6) Strengthen Gamaz's final party (spellcaster, or even just have a snow troll or two)
It would have been harder at lower levels, but since the party can't even get to the Cloud Peaks until chapter 5, I don't see how it could ever be challenging for a party that can get to it. It felt like Nashkel Mines-level difficulty.