Skip to content

Talking to charmed NPCs

Appologies for making an entire thread for such a small, simple question.

Does talking to charmed NPCs(read: enemies) work in BGEE? I vaguely recall being able to speak with those would be assassins in Candlekeep if I charmed them in the Original BG. After charming one in BGEE, all I got was " has nothing to say to you"

Does my memory betray me? Or is the function disabled entirely like in Tutu?

Comments

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    You remember correctly - you could talk to charmed guys in BG1 (oftentimes learning things you would never hear otherwise). You couldn't do it in BG2, nor Tutu or BGT. The issue was discussed in... either bug-fixes or feature request subforum. As far as I remember the conclusion was that the devs know about the issue, and are working on it, but there was no confirmation if it was or wasn't fixed.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Such a shame, eh?
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2012
    Bah:l

I was much looking forward to this, it was a big deal for me. Prior to release of EE, if someone had asked me to list top 5 reasons to justify BGEE over TuTu or BGT, being able to speak with charmed enemies would surely have been on that list. Perhaps foolishly I assumed this - must - be very high on the list of things they want to improve from Tutu. Odd they didn't sort this one out. There must be a good deal of actual written content simply scrapped out of the game because of this.

It is curious how something like this got cut out of in-most-other-ways awesome Tutu. Odd it remains cut even today. It is quite curious how this..cutting manages to endure over a decade of Tutu development and then the professional dev push and commercial release of BGEE as well. Guess it is not easy thing to bring it back..

Was there some Tutu mod out there that corrected the issue?