Skip to content

Candlekeep Chanters are silent in BG:EE

MadPaladinMadPaladin Member Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Symptom: The chanters in Candlekeep do not speak the prophecies.

Expected behaviour: As in BG1, I would expect the chanters in Candlekeep to speak the prophecies of The Wise Alaundo.
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    They chant like there's no tomorrow in my game.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    Same in mine. In fact, they used to be silent in early beta versions and were fixed upon my report, so I'm fairly certain they do chant now. It just takes a little patience: They don't always start chanting as timely as they did in BG1.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    They chant. Maybe not instantly though. But working.
  • DemiGothDemiGoth Member Posts: 44
    They're chanting in my Candlekeep as well....
  • VermillionVermillion Member Posts: 20
    In my game they chant too...
  • KarinonKarinon Member Posts: 57
    It seems that they only chant if you set the language to English. In the German version no NPC has a voice.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2012
    I also have no chanting. No idea why. And I have it set to english. I don't know if I can reproduce the bug. It didn't bother me enough for me to try to fix it.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    "They chant. Maybe not instantly though. But working." Because... it's enhanced.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    If you right-click on them you will get their chant. In my game they were silent until I poked them, but once they woke up they continued chanting normally.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    They were chanting in my game. I tried talking to them but they had nothing to say to me, but they still chant =)
  • MadPaladinMadPaladin Member Posts: 2
    Well, I stood around them for quite awhile, went and did everything in the keep that can be done before leaving, and went back and they still weren't speaking. I went and right-clicked on them as kilroy_was_here suggested and it seems to have gotten them going.

I'm not sure requiring a right-click to get them going is desired and expected, but if it is, it's an odd solution.

Thanks.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    Moving this to Not An Issue.

They chant in everyone's game.
    @MadPaladin - as of build 2010, are you still experiencing this issue with Language set to English?
  • MadPaladinMadPaladin Member Posts: 2
    @AndreaColombo - I'd been away from gaming for a couple weeks, but I started a new game yesterday and it works exactly like it should. Thanks.