Skip to content

Can Dorn's ToB quest trigger if the SoA part hasn't been done?

NeoNeo Member Posts: 127
I'm guessing it won't work but I just want to make sure. I would have liked to see his ToB quest and kill silver dragons to get the new silver dragon armors (would be good for my Neutral Evil Wizard Slayer as he's very limited on gear options outside of weapons). However, I did the SoA quests for all or most of the NPCs except the ones that required me to keep them in the party for a while (Jaheira, Dorn, Hexxat after I was done the 1st part of the quest, Anomen, etc.) because I already had a party made up of 5 characters I created and was using Keldorn as the 6th. I can't find a CLUA code to create the item (or get to this zone) since it was new with BG2 EE and there isn't as much info on this version. Otherwise I guess that'll have to be for an other BG2 Evil party NPC playthrough.

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited November 2019
    Off the top of my head I'd say probably not (I think the Scroll of Retribution quest in ToB refers back to Dorn's Bloody Path in SoA).

Edit: The area codes for ToB are here: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/area_lists/bg2aref.htm (scroll down).
    Edit 2: The item code is: ohdarmor (found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640065704)
    Post edited by dunbar on
  • NeoNeo Member Posts: 127
    Thanks for the links. I'm not sure if it's BG2 EE or if it's the Unofficial Item Pack mod that added this but I killed the Silver Dragon in SoA (just for fun to see if she'd drop anything, for the fight itself mostly and to compare how much XP I'd get vs the quest for the human flesh armor component) and she dropped Silver Scales (which isn't supposed to happen from what I read afterwards or at least wasn't that way in the original BG2). I however reloaded because completing the quest was giving me way more XP.

I tested with the old codes last night and can spawn a Silver Dragon and it does drop the scales. Your links can still be useful eventually though, I'll bookmark them.