Help with Archer

Is it just me, or shouldn't this Archer's Short Bow Thac0 = 15 and not 18

Equipped with a Short Bow
Level 1 Archer Base Thac0 = 20
Dex = 19 = -3
Elf = -1
Two points specialization = -1
Total = 15

But the Thac0 that shows on the screen is 18??

Other problem (maybe it's not though) - I can only get two proficiencies at level 1 for my Archer for Short Bows. Why can't put 3 in? Is there a minimum level for get beyond two proficiencies?

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Imoen's thac0 for me I think is bugged for her shortbow.. it says something like thac0 20, dexterity -2, but the number to the left that's supposed to be the modified thac0 still says 20. May be an issue with short bows?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    BlackDog said:

Other problem (maybe it's not though) - I can only get two proficiencies at level 1 for my Archer for Short Bows. Why can't put 3 in? Is there a minimum level for get beyond two proficiencies?

I asked the same question in another thread, and it seems likely you will be able to add more prof points as you increase in levels, but you are temporarily capped at two per weapon when you create your char.

I guess you'll find out for sure when you get to level 3.
  • BlackDogBlackDog Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, looks like a bug. But I hope it's just an interface bug and doesn't affect the actual Thac0!

I was looking forward to my level 1 elf archer with 3 profs in Long Bow, 19 dex, and a Thac0 of 13 (heck actually 12 with a Composite Long Bow) with 5/2 attacks per round. Ah not to be (yet).
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    Don't forgit to add the bracers of archery to that, Elven archers has always been the power houses of BG1