Skip to content

throwing dagger and Swashbuckler rogue rebalancing

SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
Hello folks,

This is a very speciffic question:
I want to play a swashbuckler with throwing dagger for most part of the game.
I'm wandering if i have to play with rogurebalancing.

With rogue rebalancing, swash gets fighter Taco with melee weapons.
But what are throwing daggers? Always melee even when they are throw?
I can't figure it out in game if i lose figther"s tac0 bonus when i use in a ranged way !

Thanks guys

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i did a quick test and the throwing dagger gets the dex thac0 bonus if used ranged and looses it when set for mlee where he gets the str thac0 bonus that is not present when is used ranged. the str dmg bonus is always present, as it is supposed to be as in EE all the throwing weapons have it ranged.

so i suppose, but am not 100% sure, that the engine see it as a mlee weapon when used so other way as a ranged one.

a also suppose, but being even less sure, that with that mod installed the swash uses ranged weapon thac0 if he uses ranged and fighter's one if in mlee.

that told i never use that mod (i know that is a good one but... personal taste) and never use swashbuckler as for me a thief without back stab is 50% fun less.
    and if you are playing vanilla, even on the harder not LoB settings, anyway every class and kit is perfectly viable and there is no need to "enhance" it using mods or to have the perfect build.
    so if someone does not give you a better answer play anyway your modded or not modded swash and you will have fun anyway.