Skip to content

[Mod request] More detective work!

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
It has been a while since I had a party solve the skinner murders, but I recently redid that bit and was pleased by the investigative aspect of it. It would be great if there were more whodunit investigations, similar to how you had to slowly build up a picture of the Iron Throne in BG1.

How hard would it be to write up proper "full-length" detective scenario quest that would properly link, say, the slaver ship to the guarded compound through financial records, staking out people entering and leaving, interviewing various NPCs, etc.? I would imagine this could take you all over Athkatla, from the government district to the docks, slums, etc.

Or, alternately, make a connection between Tazok and the sewer compound by adding people to interview or having the party discover Tazok's connections in Athkatla? The latter could involve travel all over the map, with potential witnesses (or conspirators) in Trademeet or Umar Hills, etc.

I dunno, I just really enjoy the idea of digging out the evidence, following the footsteps, etc., and would love to see a mod that adds more Sherlock Holmes-esque elements. The idea here is to add a load of intrigue and mystery. Sadly, I'm no modder, so I'm just tossing this idea out.