Skip to content

Is the whole service somehow down?

I can't seem to connect to anything. I tried my usual server's direct connect first - got the error:
The game server that you are connecting to was unable to verify your password. The game server has opted to not allow players to join unless their password can be verified. Please try again later.

I was able to connect this morning just fine. So I figure, well, they're a strict server, maybe they banned me, so I went to check out other servers, and the whole server list was empty. I then rolled back to build 8186. The listing is still empty. (8186, and 8193.5).

So Maybe there's something wrong with my CD Key or network, is my next thought. I then tried to connect on my android phone - different CD key, different IP address (through 4G, not wifi). I get the following error message when trying to display the list of services: Error retrieving http://api.nwn.beamdog.net/v1/servers: The requested URL returned error: 429 Too Many Requests.

So following these steps, the only conclusion I can draw is that there's something wrong with Beamdog's game servers - however I don't see any other forum posts on the subject, so maybe I'm just the first to report it?

Comments