Skip to content

[SOLVED] No HLA menu on level up.

AntisolarAntisolar Member Posts: 6
edited January 2020 in Troubleshooting
Hello people !
I have been playing BG EET and I just realized that I have never seen my HLA screen, and given my 12M xp (removed xp cap), I should've seen the HLA coming a long time ago. It didn't really bother me because I basically kill everything just by swinging swords and maces and tanking with normal weapon immunity, good AC and +100MR.

It isn't a corrupted save because I have tried to create a new game, same issue. I imagine it is related to the multiple mods but there isn't much I can do on that side, so my aim is to fix it via nearinfinity.
I have looked into the 2DA tables and I expected to find something similar to the PROFS.2DA table but I found nothing that could help. The HLA tables are here but the menu simply never show up on level up.
So i am basically looking for whatever script or table is called when I click the level-up button, and hoping to find something that makes senses.

Any idea where I should be looking ?

Thanks~
Post edited by Antisolar on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    indeed what a pain to attempt to find those tables, can't even find them myself

one idea i might have is your UI, are you using a different UI? if so, is it possible to go back to the default UI?

it could be possible that if you are using a costume UI it is not programmed to give you HLA once you reach the appropriate levels
  • AntisolarAntisolar Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2020
    Thank you !
    I have uninstalled lefreut's enhanced UI, and I now have an abilities button available on lvl up.
    I am not sure which component of the mod was the problem but that will require a lot of time to figure it out considering it has to uninstall/reinstall a lot of other stuff each time I remove a component.
    Anyway, a big thank, I didn't consider it could come from that, I was ready to stop playing BG for a while.

Exception : turns out Sandrah from EET install not only doesn't have HLA, she also lost the weapons proficiency screen. Only affect saved game, new games don't have this issue.
    Post edited by Antisolar on