Skip to content

modules don't load

TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
kasd66p5f4i1.png
A level one character isn't even allowed.

Comments

• TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Notice the word "Play" is greyed out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The module you are attempting to load is corrupted. I've had this happen to me. Oddly, you can still open the module in the toolset, modify it, save it, etc. but, if you launch it, it either crashes and says the module is corrupt or loads with the play button greyed out.

I've been able to salvage corrupt modules by opening it in the toolset and copying the \temp0 folder. Then I created a new module and moving the contents of the copied \temp0 folder into the \temp0 folder for the new module.
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    edited January 2020
    Ah, glad to see it's not just a Mac thing.
    Pstemarie wrote: »
    Th
    I've been able to salvage corrupt modules by opening it in the toolset and copying the \temp0 folder.
    If you can upload those rescued mods to https://neverwintervault.org , I'm sure many would appreciate it. :)
    Post edited by Trixter on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    You misunderstood - I have been able to fix modules of MY OWN making that have become corrupted. I've never had any downloaded from other authors that required this type of fix.

The type of corruption you described is similar to what I've experienced, but your case MAY be unrelated. The corruption of my modules occurred because, during testing/development, I deleted the starting area before moving the start location to a new area. Sometimes, it also occurred while changing tabs between areas, BUT only if the start location was moved between areas open in tabs. This issue - to do with the start location and changing tabs - has now been fixed in the latest DEV build.