Skip to content

NWN Dedicated Server: Lynx Mint - new install (newby with lynx)

Howdy folks, I am new user to lynx in general coming over from Windows 10. I understand that most lynx programs can run on different versions of lynx. I am having difficulty trying to install the dedicated server for never winter nights. I don't see anything that looks like a install app. Any experienced users who can help this new user? (or point to a web page of the install process). I did download and open the current version "nwnee-dedicated-8193.5.zip" looked inside the .zip but that is about as far I can get at this time. Currently trying out Lynx Mint, mostly for its window like interface.

Comments

• dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    Hey @Timidon , Linux noob here too. So, now I've got a PW that runs on a Synology NAS DS 218+ in a virtual machine. I use Linux Lite, based on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS.
    After I set up the vm, I start the bash and then use the following commands only once:
    # Download NWN dedicated package
    mkdir ~/nwn && cd ~/nwn
    wget https://nwnx.io/nwnee-dedicated-8193.9.zip
    unzip nwnee-dedicated-8193.9.zip -d .

# Run it once to create the user directory
    cd bin/linux-x86 && ./nwserver-linux
    # Link to user directory for easier access
    ln -s ~/.local/share/Neverwinter\ Nights/ ~/nwn/userdir

Then you should copy all your files the server needs to your user dir. With the next bash commands you will move to the nwn-server folder and start the server:
    # move to the nwn-server dir
    cd nwn/bin/linux-x86

# run the app
    ./nwserver-linux -module <PLACE_YOUR_MOD_HERE.MOD>

I got those code snippets from mtijanic, which linked them here

If you start the app within the bash with the -h command it should list all the available options.

I hope this helps.