Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Hi, about Recorder's kit : it gives to her +2 spells by level, but I just discovered than this only works up to level 6 (max spells level for bard in unmodded game).
    There are some mods that allow bards to cast spells up to level 8 (IWDification, Rogue Rebalancing, Tweaks Anthology).
    Could you please update her kit to have the bonus spells slot up to level 8 ?

This should now work up to level 9, even if level 9 will likely never be used or see the light of day.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Such an amazing mod. I will have to make a run with Recorder, as she is the last I haven't tried yet. My opinion, Vienxay is the star of the show. Her story is the most compelling, even though I hope you can add to it as time goes by. Emily is quite a character as well, but doesn't have the same 'stakes' as Vienxay. None of this is meant as a critique, far from it. I hope my words help keep you in the modding game, as you have given so many joy in a game that is over two decades old. I look forward to see how you fix the greatest of oversights, no Nalia romance in ToB!
    edited June 2022
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the mod!

I do plan on significantly changing Vienxay's questline in SoA, which should satisfy the need to add to it.

For Emily, I plan to give her quest a timer at some point to up the stakes a little bit for those who like to sit on chapter 2 for a long time. It will auto-expire if you're in chapter 6, and not have any consequences if you're in chapter 4/5.

And I have two playthroughs set-up for both Nalia mods, so I can get an idea how to continue them in ToB.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Skitia wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the mod!

I do plan on significantly changing Vienxay's questline in SoA, which should satisfy the need to add to it.

For Emily, I plan to give her quest a timer at some point to up the stakes a little bit for those who like to sit on chapter 2 for a long time. It will auto-expire if you're in chapter 6, and not have any consequences if you're in chapter 4/5.

And I have two playthroughs set-up for both Nalia mods, so I can get an idea how to continue them in ToB.

Awesome! I trust your handling of Nalia, as she is probably my favorite NPC. I thought she was criminally overlooked, and liked JCompton's romance. And anything that adds enhances Vienxay's story is very welcome!
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Nice!

I know you got permission from JCompton, at least, to continue the romance, but I'm curious if you're going to just tell people to install an SoA romance on their own or if you're repackaging along with the ToB romance
    Since it serves as a ToB content continution for both the far lesser known luvnalia and De'arnise, it would make more sense for it to be stand-alone.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Right, I meant along the lines of "Would you like to install luvnalia (1) De'arnise (2) " kind of thing
    I'd definitely need additional permissions for that.
  • sunbathingsealsunbathingseal Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I wanted to try this mod but it looks like some files are missing in the latest master branch. I get the following error:
    ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [SkitiaNPCs/Items/X3VBook.itm] not found in KEY file:
            [./chitin.key]

I can see that lines for X3VBook were added in this commit. Is it safe to use an earlier version?
    edited July 2022
    Whoops, I added the missing items. They're for a future update.

I'll set up a release version so there are less mix-ups in a day or so.
    Thanks, I ended up using an earlier commit but I'm glad to hear that won't be potentially game breaking!

I've been enjoying running with a few of the NPC's from this mod now, but have run into a bug where Emily keeps telling me to kick out Hexxat from the party. The thing is, I already kicked out Hexxat after grabbing her bag of holding. She keeps spamming the dialogue "Right, I can tolerate a lot ..." constantly but clicking continue just exits the dialogue, then it starts up again a few seconds later making the game pretty much unplayable. I tried to re-recruit Hexxat, and this time the dialogue proceeded as normal, but after kicking out Hexxat again the dialogue spamming continues.

Is there a debug variable I could reset through the console or something to make this stop?

Other than that the description for Kale's Warden ability doesn't seem to work. Right-clicking it just shows a spell description of "Invalid: 999999". Not sure if it's due to other mods I have installed (Dragonspear UI++, Pai'Na NPC, Ninde NPC, UB, SCS are all I think).
    Thanks, I've fixed both and created a new release.

To fix the repetitiveness locally, point Emily, and in the console use: C:SetGlobal("X3EmiHexxatConflict","LOCALS",0)

(Dorn will have the same issue, if it happens with him, replace Hexxat in the above with Dorn.)

The description error should be harmless, you should be able to read what the spell does in his kit. But if you ever download it again, it should also work going forward.
    Resetting the variable worked great, thanks for the quick response!
    Looks like I ran into another dialogue-loop, this time with Kale. He's spamming the "Yeah? You want something, I bet." line with me, the same dialogue that appears if I manually try to talk with him. Not sure what exactly triggered it, but it began after I defeated the Fallen Paladins in the bridge district.
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find the cause of that one.
    edited July 2022
    Are you attempting to romance Kale by the way? Trying to figure out which dialogue line he is firing over and over.

If you can, use the following while hovering and having Kale selected:

C:GetGlobal("X3KalTalk","LOCALS")
    C:GetGlobal("X3KalRomanceConflict","GLOBAL")

If you can show me your global/local variables for Kale on EEKeeper as that will also help me.

If that fails I'll ask for a copy of your save file, but hopefully EEKeeper's variable list gets me there.
    I'm not trying to romance Kale. Here's the variables, from in-game:
    C:GetGlobal("X3KalTalk","LOCALS")
    Global: X3KALTALK LOCALS set to 14

C:GetGlobal("X3KalRomanceConflict","GLOBAL")
    Global: X3KALROMANCECONFLICT GLOBAL Does not exist

I couldn't find a way to export variables in EEKeeper, so I took a couple of screenshots instead. Local variables for Kale:
    ccxydkoempyd.png

Global variables:
    frz7ni4qcz1n.png
    yeytygpcrayx.png75motl20vwo6.png
    90hr5ja6n1c0.png
    3589xhrtii8n.png5yzl3hxz9o66.png
    Thanks, I see what I did wrong. Set X3KalTalk to 15 for now. When you finish his personal quest, set it back to 14.
    edited July 2022
    Okay thanks! About his personal quest, I couldn't find the guard in the docks district (not sure about their name, not at the computer right now). I searched all over the outside area, inside the garrison, and the inn. Where can I find them?
    edited July 2022
    I forgot to update their creation location when I adjusted a script.

While in the Garrision, manually create Jillian, C:CreateCreature("X3KJIL"). Then it should progress.

You can also manually create the guard Bryce, CreateCreature("X3KBRYCE") in the same area for full experience, but his dialogue is not required and he should spawn later when he is needed without issues.

Thanks for reporting these bugs for me.
    Turns out that setting the Kale talk variable to 15 also made Jillian and Bryce appear, so I didn't need to spawn them, thanks. The Garrision map marker name is a typo by the way, should be Garrison (that map marker is new right? Don't remember the barracks having a marker before).
    Yes, it's new. I'll send in the updated text when I next update the mod.
    I'm back with another potential bug, or I am blind somehow 😆. I cannot find Lady Hornkeeper for Emily's quest. I've searched all over the paladin building, and I can only find one Godfrey Hornkeeper, but no lady. I already talked and resolved the other part of the quest with Gregory von Jurgenson in the government district.
    If you can't find her for somereason, use C:CreateCreature("X3ECH")
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I've nearly finished the SoD runthrough with Emily, Helga and Vienxay, and am getting ready to set up a BGII:EE game with tem. Do I need Artisan's Archer/Mage kit installed for Emily to work in BGII? If I do, should I install it before or after the Skitia install?

I'm sorry if you've already answered this - my eyesight isn't currently up to speedreading 12 pages :(
    -You only need it if you want her to be an Arcane Archer or Arcane Archer Mage, otherwise she'll be a regular Baldur's Gate Archer.

-You should install the Arcane Archer component after the SkitiaNPCs install.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @Skitia Thanks muchly for the info. I'll keep her as an Arcane Archer Mage as that's what I'm playing her as in SoD.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    Hello, I have a question about your npc mods. I do not like SoD at all.

I'm wondering if the BG2 content of your npcs makes reference to events that happened in SoD.
    None of them really mention anything of their personal stories that happened in SoD unless you say you knew them in SoD. Emily might have a very necessary mention of Caelar.

Otherwise, you shouldn't see anything you don't want.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Skitia wrote: »
    -You should install the Arcane Archer component after the SkitiaNPCs install.

I'm a bit surprised by this order. In other NPC mods that use custom kits, the kits have to be installed first (and in general kit mods precede NPC mods in recommended installation orders).

For future reference, is this indeed the correct install order? Thanks!