Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• MartianTimeSlipMartianTimeSlip Member Posts: 4
    @skitia

Hi Skitia - im just finalising a saga playthrough with your NPCs installed. Just wanted to thank you for such an excellent mod. I met all of them but particularly I ended up taking Vienxay through from the end of BG1 to ToB and I really enjoyed her character. I'll be putting some mods reviews on here and Reddit but just a load of thanks from me on this.

Quick question on her BG2 quest - I never found a way to progress the Tome of Myth Drannor once in the Underdark even though I did most of the content there. Did I miss something?
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    edited March 2022
    There's a slave in the Underdark city standing right outside a building you talk to.

(Vienxay's quest for this reason and others is why I plan on overhauling it at some point.)

Still, I am glad you enjoyed it!
  • MartianTimeSlipMartianTimeSlip Member Posts: 4
    Great - I kept a save before the final quest in Ust Natha so I'll reload and see how Vienxay's quest pans out. Thanks again
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 502
    Hi, when installing Deities of Faerun mod on BG1, if it detect Helga it will offer to apply the DoF Luckmaiden kit to her.
    DoF currently doesn't offer this possibility on BG2 if Skitia NPC mod is installed. Raduziel is OK to add it, but only if he have permission from the mod author first.
    Since he no longer come on Beamdog's forum I so ask permission for him please.
    Sure!

For a future note: Mod Authors don't need to ask to do the following: banters, kit changes, or writing translation files. The only thing I would really want permission for is if a mod author wanted to expand the content that is already created.
    Thank you, I will told him. :)
    Hi, I have Kale, Helga and Recorder in my current party.

I did Kale's quest, but encountered two bugs :
    First, Kale had a banter about Chester before I talk to Jillian and start the investigation.
    t7bvhnie5no2.jpg

Second, after killing Bryce in Chester.s house, when I went back to the garnison, Bryce was still there.
    lxd5iuzxnkeg.jpg
    Current mod installed is version 1.008.
  • MunoMuno Member Posts: 1
    Well first sorry for my bad english I created this account on the forum just to thank you for dedicating your time to create this amazing mod, this will probably sound like heresy but the only reason I managed to play baldur gate was your mod because I already tried play before but never get to like the original game companions.
    Thank you. This means a lot to me. :)
    Hi, I think a Helga's interjection is switched with the answers I can give :
    6qg17btd9yb1.jpg
    When I say I will fight, she disapproves, ans when I say I don't dare, she approves.
    I'll look at this and the other ones you mentioned, thanks.
    These should all be fixed now!

Also updated the version number since it is no longer 1.00
    Skitia wrote: »
    These should all be fixed now!

Also updated the version number since it is no longer 1.00

Great :)

I also wonder about
    Kveroslava's prediction for Kale. Currently there is a romance between him and my male character. She talked about a spouse. Does I need to worry about an incoming rival girl, or Kveroslava was talking about charname but didn't check for the gender?
    Kveroslava could be referring to any gender for the spouse, so it could be <CHARNAME> or
    Mazzy
    or
    Alora
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Strange...when I tried to install the latest version of this mod an error during installation happens and it doesn't work. The previous version does install normally though.
    Whoops, the new update included references to new incomplete things, I re-uploaded it commented out, should be good to go now.
    Kveroslava could be referring to any gender for the spouse, so it could be <CHARNAME> or
    Mazzy
    or
    Alora
    Thank you, I was a little puzzled because spouse is closer to the french word épouse (woman spouse) than to the word époux (man spouse), so in my head I incorrectly assumed than spouse only refers to a woman.
    Hi, when doing Anomen's quest,
    Helga said she didn't approve not taking revenge, but there was positive approval.
    dsi3hvjfgd0u.jpg
    Approval was lost, but the display message is wrong. I fixed it.
    About Recorder's quest :
    I did the Brynnlaw part, all went fine, but after talking to Raban to finish it, the final journal update didn't close the quest, and instead added an entry in the journal section and not in the quests section.

Also, I don't know if it is because i have SCS installed too, but the mage with Phelgrim didn't seem to cast any spells beside the final teleportation spell to escape.
    This make the battle a lot easier.
    I'll fix the journal update this weekend, probably tagged it wrong.

I'm guessing SCS does interfere with mage scripts. He has a list of spells in his normal scripting he is supposed to cast. It's also possible his A.I. just got confused.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    SCS only interferes with basegame mage scripts, if you have a custom script it won't touch that. There was a detailed explanation as well which came up recently in 34.3 but the TL;DR is basically that.
    Ah, okay. I'm unsure then, I'll give the mage a look at some point. Some of my creatures do use base game mage scripts, but pretty sure he wasn't one of them as I customized his spell scripting.
    I just left Brynnlaw with Saemon, and
    I was surprised to see Desharik alive again since I killed him along Phelgrimm befire entering Spellhold.
    Interesting. I may leave that untouched and throw in a line about them being alive again, just for continuity stakes. I'm guessing the original cutscene didn't check if you killed him, or didn't care.
    Interesting. I may leave that untouched and throw in a line about them being alive again, just for continuity stakes. I'm guessing the original cutscene didn't check if you killed him, or didn't care.
    Yes, he's the pirate lord and there is a temple of Umberlee, so it's make sense he could be raised back to life.
    Hi, about Recorder's kit : it gives to her +2 spells by level, but I just discovered than this only works up to level 6 (max spells level for bard in unmodded game).
    There are some mods that allow bards to cast spells up to level 8 (IWDification, Rogue Rebalancing, Tweaks Anthology).
    Could you please update her kit to have the bonus spells slot up to level 8 ?
    Sure, I'll add this to my to-do list.
    Great, thank you :)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @Skitia
    I went through the following error while preparing my modded EET install :

ERROR: Sys_error("SKITIANPCS/Lib/Isaac_BG2.tpa: No such file or directory")

Any idea ?