Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Neothelid stats and behaviour

Hi,

I've been attempting solo no-reloads run lately, and noticed that the Neothelid cannot be avoided (he follows you anywhere on the Temple map, whether stealthed or not), unless you keep fleeing from him.

I have been lucky to kill him each time so far, but I don't like to rely on luck.

Problem is: I don't really know what spells/abilities he uses, his attack pattern or how to evade his repetitive summoning ability.

What I know:
- it often burrows underground, which makes it almost impossible to fight him from range ;
- he has a sort of psionic attack, but I have no idea what it does or its counters (I read somewhere that it can charm and/or stun you ? What is the save ? Does it bypass MR ?)
- his attacks are "normal" attacks ? Do they have a special ability (I think he has some kind of poison ability) ? What kind of damage (slashing? crushing?) ?
- his summons look like lesser versions of Mordenkainen's Sword : I think they immune to physical damage ? How often does he summon them ? And does he only summon them in his initial room or does he keep summoning them if he teleports on your location outside the room ?

If anyone has info on the Neothelid stats/script, I'd be really thankful for any input !

JuliusBorisov

Comments