Skip to content

NWN for Windows-based ARM64 devices.

How possible would it be to port the existing game to ARM64 for those “always connected” PCs, and other ARM64-based Windows devices like the Surface Pro X?

Comments

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    I played Neverwinter nights on the surface pro 5 and 7. They worked identically. But your “port the existing game to arm64” question I do not understand
  • Swbf2lordSwbf2lord Member Posts: 10
    Some newer Windows devices are running Windows 10 on ARM processors. The architecture isn't x86, or x86_64, but ARM64, similar to many mobile devices. So, apps need to be compiled for Windows, but with the ARM64 architecture in mind, in order to have them run. The Pro X has support for 32-bit apps, of course (through emulation), but we've made the jump to 64-bit as of a few months ago. While I don't mean to request something that adds an additional workload to the developers, we are starting to see more and more Windows devices with these processors.

The Surface Pro 5 and 7 are both using the x86_64 architecture, and thus, wouldn't be affected. This would be more akin to the Android or iOS versions, both of which use ARM-based processors, but for Windows 10. I don't know the exact amount of work involved in making the game available on ARM64, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask!