Skip to content

Tyrants of the Moonsea: Vial of Dust/Moondust?

XefasXefas Member Posts: 1
I've been playing through Tyrants of the Moonsea, and I've just made it to Elmwood.

At the very beginning of the game, while in the catacombs under Voonlar (IIRC), I found a random elven corpse with a non-magical Robe of Selune and a miscellaneous "Vial of Dust" with no apparent use. Of course, I figured it would be part of a side quest at some point, so I tossed it into the last tab of my inventory and kept walking. Lo and behold, many hours later, I'm on the other side of the Moonsea and there's a Temple of Selune. I'm reminded of the robe, so I go inside and talk to the priestess. She says nothing about it.

A little disappointed, I leave and do some more plot stuff, then come back. I notice that the bookcases on the far side of the room are interactable - I know that bookcases sometimes have scrolls on them, so I go to take a look. When I pass by the center of the room, Lyressa turns to me and says "The vial of dust sparkles with divine power as it is brought close to Selune's Holy Symbol." and an item called "Moondust" is dropped into my inventory. It's a single-use item with a unique property.

As far as I can tell, all that using it does is produce a particle effect and some healing. The priestess of Selune won't comment on it, either.

There has to be something more to it, right? I didn't drag a random nameless garbage item across the entire game unguided and unbidden to do so, and then prod the right secret part of a room that I had no reason to investigate, just to get the equivalent of a potion, right? Surely, some follower of Selune in the game cares that I found the corpse of one of their priests inside a zombo dungeon. Right?

Anyone else find this weird interaction and/or find a use for this Moondust in the module?

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I didn't even find that special interaction! Thanks for sharing this. :D I think I sold the robes and kept the dust in my inventory for aaaaages before I finally sold it somewhere.
  • Shia_LuckShia_Luck Member Posts: 39
    I couln't find anyone to comment on them either and I think the dust is simply a one use mass heal. At least the robe didn't weigh much.

Have fun :)