Skip to content

Elves, Age, and the Player Character

So this is something that has confused me ever since I played the original version of this game ages ago, and I'm surprised that I can't find any topics on it this many years later.

The player character in this is strictly defined as being 20 years old. Obviously this is nowhere near adulthood for an elf. I know elves aren't exactly babies at this stage, but they are considered highly immature, aren't they? This is also somewhat an issue for dwarves and gnomes, but their adult stage is much younger than an elf's.

How badly does the player character being an elf conflict with the Forgotten Realms setting? Are elves simply too immature at this point for them to have feasibly been the player character as seen in this game, or are they perfectly functional individuals at 20 who are simply only considered children by the standards of their race?

Comments

• Origin88Origin88 Member Posts: 71
    I think they might be considered very immature for elven standards yeah but i doubt they will be much less mature then a human of age 20.
    I mean older elves tend to be alot wiser then humans of any age.
  • Tie_FighterTie_Fighter Member Posts: 41
    Well, the character is half bhaal-spawn after all, so maybe the aging works differently than your typical elf.