Skip to content

Is there any way to disable visibility bubble?

batkombatkom Member Posts: 2
edited January 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Hello, can i disable visibility bubble around character?
This feature looks cool sometimes, but in most cases it cut surfases like ramps in rural tileset.
When this surface has been cutted, i can see parts of skybox or just empty hole.

Comments

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Shift-Cntrl-f12, search for keyholing and turn it off.

https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Settings.tml
  • batkombatkom Member Posts: 2
    Wow, a thousand thanks!
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    You can also assign a key binding in controls section of the original settings menu to turn it on/off when you want it.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Give it time. Keyholing seems strange at first, but really helps once your mind adapts to it.
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    I will never like that keyholing nonsense. It was shoehorned in for the mobile version, which in my opinion was a massive waste of resources, and looks terrible.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Put me down in the camp for "nah it's just bad and adds nothing good to the game." Other games solved the same problems but more visually pleasing and elegant and not potentially abusive.
  • jglvz256jglvz256 Member Posts: 52
    The "auto hide second storey" option already existed anyway and works perfectly elegantly, but a game that would really benefit from a keyholing feature would be Nwn2 and its terrible camera although that is unlikely to happen.
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Tilefade is no alternative for removing stuff between the camera and the PC. It's only good for the toolset to make placing items and so on easier. It also only works for tiles and completely destroys immersion. Sadly keyholing which had a lot of potential doesn't work much better since it doesn't only fade stuff between the camera and the PC but a lot more. Especially removing grass and even the ground below the PC is really bad. Maybe Beamdog will give it some more attention and make it more useful and better looking.
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    edited February 2020
    Zwerkules wrote: »
    Tilefade is no alternative for removing stuff between the camera and the PC. It's only good for the toolset to make placing items and so on easier. It also only works for tiles and completely destroys immersion. Sadly keyholing which had a lot of potential doesn't work much better since it doesn't only fade stuff between the camera and the PC but a lot more. Especially removing grass and even the ground below the PC is really bad. Maybe Beamdog will give it some more attention and make it more useful and better looking.

Maybe from tileset or a builder of roleplay-style module point of view. As a player and action-style builder I don't feel that way about tilefade at all. Afterall it is a players choice AND also a tileset builder choice. And most tileset builders and you specifically weren't providing tilefade within their tilesets. So basically with tilefade you HAVE the option to control what player sees - at least as a tileset creator.

Keyholing on the other side looks horrible and it breaks immersion even for me - a supporter and user of tilefade... And there is no way for a builder to control/force/prevent it.

BTW my setting of second story tiles is AUTO.
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    I like key-holing and am glad they added it, and would be frustrated if it was blocked by a builder's choice. I specifically like that it punches through everything without regard. Yes, even when it does the ramp/grass stuff.
    Opinions be opinions.