Skip to content

of .DLG and .TLK

CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
Hey Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been here. Glad to see everyone is doing great. I'm playing BGEE on my vacation.

I'm looking to edit a .DLG file. I understand the structure of the conversations but I don't know if editing a .DLG file necessitates editing the .TLK file.

Also. I have some outdated Mod Tools... and I can't access GITHUB from where I am. Could someone send me the latest Near Infinity and WEIDU ?

Comments

• CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
    After looking through the DLG files, with my very old version of Near Infinity, I do think I need to create/add new strings and will need to interact with the .TLK file. Please let me know if I'm wrong here.

I have experience using WEIDU for a IWD2 mod.

Is there someway I need to setup a Tp2 file to reference a TRA file and set new strings?
    I can use near infinity to create new entries in the DLG, even set up proper State, State Trigger, Response and Response Triggers. How do I command the Tp2 to overwrite the correct string references into my DLG?

I have an older version of WIEDU...

Is there a tutorial on writing/editing dialog?
    Ok. So here is some more context.
    I'm looking to add some rumors to an Innkeeper.
    I understand how the DLG file works with the STO file.

I'm going to use Near Infinity to create a new DLG file and set up the Logic for States, State Triggers, Response, and Response Triggers. The new rumors will be set up calling for string 33999, so I know I'm not interacting with any other string refs.

I want to set up my Tp2 file to overrite the STO file, in the location where it calls the DLG.
    How do I do that?

Also, I want to use my Tp2 to overwrite the 33999 string reference call, within specific states of my custom DLG file, and instead use text that I've written in TRA file.
    How do I do that?

u97k6an6xim4.png
    Looking at some WIEDU D files...

Would the below example work to replace the text in a specific state of a DLG file?

REPLACE KCRUMOR1 // This calls up a specific DLG, right?
    IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 21 // This will replace the specific text for only that state, correct?
    SAY ~Ghouls be stalking the old graveyard, they say.~
    END
    END

How could I get the text to be read from a TRA file instead? Can that be done?
    For .ITM files I know I can use the command "SAY DESC @1" and it will read from a TRA.

I'm a little confused on if TRA can be used with a D file.