Skip to content

So what is coming for NVN:EE in 2020?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
So what is coming for NVN:EE in 2020?

We have the game on ALL platforms, but what will come next? A new campaigns? A 2020-tutorial manual for the editor? I'd even pay for that to support the devs!

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Doesn't it still need to be ported to iPhones and smart fridges?

I'm sure at some point they should be wrapping up the new graphics engine.

Hopefully they also fix the remaining issues with changes to racialtypes.2da and classes.2da. Then fix other remaining bugs and revert some changes, I think some people said there is a problem with the fullscreen settings. They should also turn off x-ray vision by default or at least make it more straight forward to turn it off.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    I've been hoping that after fixing remaining issues and opening up the files they make a new campaign, I'd rather not see Nasher and see news places but mostly better story and characters.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    we might be getting another premium module the 4th and final part of the al series most likely.
    edited January 2020
    Many months ago I was talking to some other people about interesting places for a D&D campaign.

Waterdeep was barely looked at into HOTU than you leave right away.

Zakhara sounded like a very dangerous place perhaps ideal for a final region of a grand adventure.

Halruaa is a heavy Human Wizard population and could be interesting for a magic focused module.

I wouldn't mind having access to a ship so we can explore islands but obviously pirates are gonna be a concern, how would they represent naval combat in NWN? That would probably be too much trouble.

If we did have access to long range travel it opens up the possible locations.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Cerabelus wrote: »

I wouldn't mind having access to a ship so we can explore islands but obviously pirates are gonna be a concern, how would they represent naval combat in NWN? That would probably be too much trouble.

Have you played Tyrants of the Moonsea yet?

I have to agree with you that we need more interesting places represented. I especially want to see Chult (because dinosaurs).

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited January 2020
    The world is ripe for premium modules located in lesser known campaign settings. Mahasarpa, anyone? There are criminally few Indian inspired high fantasy settings out there. Same is true for Osse and its Aboriginal roots. Or anything else outside of Faerun, really.

Also, also: the work pace concerning the reworked HD models really needs more momentum in 2020 and beyond.
    edited January 2020
    Or anything else outside of Faerun, really.

True, although I don't imagine WotC allowing something outside of Faerun. Though I wonder if you could get away with stuff that is set in the Forgotten Realms but is essentially different like Ravenloft or Al-Qadim.

The one exception I could see is Eberron, but the work that would take makes it seem unlikely. The art assets alone would be a massive undertaking let alone the ways the game would need to be modified (Warforged race, Artificer class, dragonmarks, etc.) .
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    I'm pretty sure I heard that the NWN license forbids any official content setting other than Faerun. But otherwise, since the Planescape Torment was the best selling of the EE games ( or so I heard or read somewhere ) maybe that setting would make the most sense.
    edited January 2020
    @themazingness

I own Moonsea but when I tried to play it I kept crashing after leaving the tavern the second time, that was just after the release and I got frustrated so decided to come back later, I got destracted with Stellaris and HOI4 so i haven't been back in months...I keep feeling the need to build an Authoritarian Empire ?.
    Are there even any more cancelled premium modules left to use?
  • jglvz256jglvz256 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2020

Hex Coda? :)
    edited February 2020
    Cerabelus wrote: »
    @themazingness

I own Moonsea but when I tried to play it I kept crashing after leaving the tavern the second time, that was just after the release and I got frustrated so decided to come back later, I got destracted with Stellaris and HOI4 so i haven't been back in months...I keep feeling the need to build an Authoritarian Empire ?.

The reason I asked is because there is a little bit of sea warfare similar to what you describe (avoiding details to avoid spoilers for you and others). It doesn't involve islands though. It'd be great if there was a whole module with lots of sea warfare like that.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    jglvz256 wrote: »

Hex Coda? :)

Oh you're right about that. Who knows then, we might get Hex Coda this year.
    @themazingness

I wasn't aware of that thank you ?.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Nothing is likely to ever come of it, but I still hold some hope for a completion of Witch's Wake.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Isewein wrote: »
    Nothing is likely to ever come of it, but I still hold some hope for a completion of Witch's Wake.

Would also love to see a conclusion for Kingmaker and Crimson Guard too. :) (Kingmaker's story was weeeiiiird, but I loved the companions. :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Isewein wrote: »

Would also love to see a conclusion for Kingmaker and Crimson Guard too. :) (Kingmaker's story was weeeiiiird, but I loved the companions. :D)

Do you mean Crimson Tides of Tethyr? - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/al2-crimson-tides-tethyr-canceled-premium-module

There was also Siege of Shadowdale - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/al1-siege-shadowdale-canceled-premium-module

It'd be nice to see these two get the Premium Mod polish and re-released as they've finished and released part 3 - Tyrants of the Moonsea as a Premium module.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the creator said siege would need to be completely redid if it was to be a premium module. and they consider ctot to be finished so no plans on that.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Siege of Shadowdale would need a LOT of work to be worthy of being a premium module. It is a very, very basic module, although with respect to Luke Scull, I believe it was one of his earliest creations so the quality (or lack of it) is understandable.

Crimson Tides of Tethyr has the length and complexity to be worthy of being a premium module, but as said above, it's more or less complete and in a finished state. I'm not sure there's much to be gained by giving it a premium makeover treatment.
  • Sfera_RojaSfera_Roja Member Posts: 9
    Nice jobs, guys. :)
    but we need a party creation or system to leverup owns Heanchmen