Skip to content

Houston, We May Have an XBox Problem

According to what @TrentOster says (quoting himself from twitter) in the "Update on Xbox One Multiplayer for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition" thread, (if I am reading this right) it was necessary to change from OpenGL to DirectX for the XBox version of NwN. For those running persistent worlds using the new 3-part texture maps (diffuse, normal and specular) this may cause issues with the way their models look. This is because of the default way that OpenGL works versus the default way that DirectX works with regards to normal maps. Rather than me waffling on, take a look at this thread on the polycount forums. It is short, to the point and illustrated.

Hope this is of use.

TR

Comments

• DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    So is it actually confirmed an issue or was it handled in the code?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    No idea. That's why I said there may be a problem. Thing is it won't break the game but if it is a problem some graphics will just look "odd". There is also the fact that if the tool used to create the normal maps is set up for DirectX then normal maps produced for PC/Linux/Mac will in turn make the graphics just look off somehow.

TR