Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Help me Add a Spell Effect.

Can anyone tell me how can I add spell effect find traps to my character through eekeeper? I select the spell type "Find Traps (150)" set the target to "self" used "instant, permanent" for flag and set dispel to "non-magical". I have no idea what to enter to time slot so I save. but whenever I save the edited save game and load it I dont see any effect. what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,977
    try setting your "Flags" to Permanent instead of "Instant, Permanent"
    for Dispel/Resistance i would choose; CannotDispel/Ban Bypass Reistance ( this will make it so it can't be dispelled )

and if that doesn't work perhaps give it a duration and under time set it to a huge number ( like a billion ) also you might need to mess around with probability as well, if it doesnt work with 0/100, then perhaps chance it to 100/100 ?

hmm, so i've done some testing and found some whacky results;

first, there is no indication if you actually have it active or not ( which is kind of silly ) so that makes things frustrating number 1

second, the affect doesn't even save in EE keeper when i attempt to save it

so i cast the cleric version to see what would happen, and there is like 20 effects for some reason ( with the only difference being the "Time" effect )

so lets try and jimmy rig from here;

Type- Spell: Cast Spell (at Creature) [146]
    Target- Self
    Flags- Permanent
    Dispel/Resistance- Cannot Dispel/Can bypass Resistance
    Resource 0- SPPR205D
    Resource 3- SPPR205
    Casting Level- 2
    Type- 1
    Time- 0
    Probability- 0/100 %

hopefully if you do it this way, it will make it permanent and not dispelable

• MeToLeeMeToLee Member Posts: 19
    that almost worked. I saw a message saying find traps but once. I guess it expired because it didnt show up again.

sarevok57
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 185
    I just want to clarify, do you want to detect the traps so you can get them out of the way, or is there a specific reason for this approach? Because if you just want them gone, then you could install the component from the Tweaks anthology pack that removes all traps from all games.

no I dont want them gone but I have a trouble of finding them until its too late even with a good thief so I just want to help myself a little bit. no matter what I do my thief (imoen) cant find the traps in time. put her in front or mid or back doesnt matter. send her alone doesnt matter. even if I go step by step its only to trigger them one by one so I might as well march forward :P I'm playing on insane maybe its difficulty related.

smyth25
    MeToLee wrote: »
    no I dont want them gone but I have a trouble of finding them until its too late even with a good thief so I just want to help myself a little bit. no matter what I do my thief (imoen) cant find the traps in time. put her in front or mid or back doesnt matter. send her alone doesnt matter. even if I go step by step its only to trigger them one by one so I might as well march forward :P I'm playing on insane maybe its difficulty related.

i dont think difficulty has anything to do with trap detection times, i think ye just need to wait a little bit longer, i think it takes around a round or so to find traps, sometimes 2

for me, i play on 60 pfs, and my thieves ususally find traps pretty quick, so if you are only playing at 30 fps, then it might take a little longer

I see thanks for the info. my original question is still unanswered though. is it possible to make a permanent effect find trap? it seems easy to do but it still eludes me so its a matter of pride now :P