Skip to content

If one or more characters in my party have hit the xp cap, does a part of the gained xp go to waste?

Or is it split among the non-capped members of the party?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    It goes to all of them, whether capped or not (though if you transfer from a save rather than a character export you will find that the XP will include that earned since the last time you saved - so can go above the cap).
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    In my run-throughs, party members usually end up with about 200K XP each though I am only able to make use of 161K XP in-game. I like the idea of letting "non-capped" members get all the XP because that way, you could recruit a missed character late in the game at 32K XP and have some hope they can meaningfully contribute to the party before you reach the final battle. But that's not how it's done in BG/BG2.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    The XP Cap in BG1 should be taken off, or at least leave it as an option. I always use the XP cap remover in BG1, it doesn't make sense to stop characters to level up till Sarevok, then gain back in SoD and then stop again till SoA. I understand the balance in-game, but to me this is just annoying.