Skip to content

Tyrants of the Moonsea MAJOR BUG in Arena fight ( UPDATE!!!! STEAM users please read my last 2 posts

SirYugi007SirYugi007 Member Posts: 13
edited February 2020 in NWN:EE Modules
Ok, when fighting the Red Minotaur, screen just stays put Maalir runs off on the podium and announcer and Innovator of Pain on the right just stand there. PLEASE PLEASE if someone knows how I can use script commands to forward the game. Cant continue at all. I'm so surprised nobody else is really talking about this. I was able to get past Magic Golem by moving (Using the jump button) announcer "closer" to me when cut-scene happens and he speaks to me,but this action doesn't work when fighting the Red Minotaur. So game is just stuck with my character looking at podium Maalir comes up in middle of podium then leaves , thats it. the announcer is on the right side and Interrogator of Pain is on left of podium ledge. i have the NWNEE version and DLC from Steam and everything is updated on my pc......someone please give me a command or script to run so I can progress in game....ty

PLEASE read my last post. i'm sure I'm not the only person who has done this..!!...:-)...
Post edited by SirYugi007 on

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    seems this might be an issue with the latest patch. i played tyrants last year and was able to get through it just fine. i noticed since the December patch i have been having script related issues with modules so its safe to bet that 1.79 broke something.
    SirYugi007
  • SirYugi007SirYugi007 Member Posts: 13
    Yea, that sounds about right, they have been updating a lot lately. I cant be the only person going threw this either. Its a game stopper period. I've tried manually for hours, just not working. Thank you for responding though, if you hear anything let me know..:-)...
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I played it recently and didn't experience any trouble, so that's why I didn't respond. Have you tried going to an old save? I try to keep lots of saves in case something like this happens (I think I had 26 when I was done with Tyrants of the Moonsea). Sorry, but I know nothing about getting around it with commands.
    SirYugi007
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    Are you sure you are playing the DLC version, and not an 'old' vault version of the mod you happen to have lying around on your PC? Appreciate this is a slightly insulting question :-) but I just want to make sure because the problem you describe is exactly what used to happen in the old version, and something that was fixed in the DLC version (using a completely a different approach I believe)
    SirYugi007JuliusBorisovZwerkules
    edited February 2020
    Well I cerntainly appreciate comments on this guys/girls , thank you.
    But I just downloaded it from Steam, it is the 'new" version. This happened when I finished the magic golem first but I was able to use console commands to get through cutscene. But it doesn't work with the red Minotaur. I always keep everything updated, trust me, gaming works the hell out of a pc. I know that NWNEE is different than NWN1 now. As people on the NWN Vault are experiencing the same issue. Just thought I would say something on Beamdoggie too.Thats how I found out about the commands was on NWN Vault. For me its a game stopper. and also even started with new game, still. I'm kinda leaning on what megamike said here....

megamike15 wrote: »
    seems this might be an issue with the latest patch. i played tyrants last year and was able to get through it just fine. i noticed since the December patch i have been having script related issues with modules so its safe to bet that 1.79 broke something.

Post edited by SirYugi007 on
    What happens if you just quit the cutscene, i.e. press Escape? Most cutscenes have functionality that will bypass the mechanics and set things up as they should be post-cutscene, but again I'm sure this is something you must have already tried...
    JuliusBorisov
    edited February 2020
    Well,ok...when I get done killing the Magic Golem first, it immediately goes to cutscene, BUT what I've read on the vault was player was to "far away" from announcer to engage conversation. So, had to use console commands and make starting point for announcer "closer" to player so player can talk to announcer.(Using the "jump" feature) Well this worked for golem but not for red minotaur....:-(.....
    The vault refers to the problems in the original NWN mod; these issues were fixed for the DLC version (at least they seem to have been for the majority of players, but not you :-) ). But the DLC version should have code to allow you to quit pretty much any cutscene and have things work as intended. So... what happens if you press Escape after the Red Minotaur fight hangs?
    JuliusBorisovZwerkules
    Great! :-)
    JuliusBorisovthemazingnessZwerkules
    edited February 2020
    UPDATE...!!!....Ok well now arena scene is totally different than old cutscene as the game has been redone well. For steam users , do NOT use the "other module " section to start TOTMS. Steam puts the game in "premium modules". I've been used to always put downloaded modules in myddocments/games/NWN BUT what is interesting is when i start up game even after I found this out, it still comes up in "other modules" too and premium modules. So just play the one in 'premium Modules and she plays like she's supposed to play. i'm in Evertree now and they have really done a nice job on polishing up a NWN classic..!!...I want to give Phantasma and MegaMike a big kudos for "making" me go and even check the silly dumb stuff and everything about the install....!!......
    JuliusBorisovmegamike15Phantasma
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i never had the premium modules show up in the other module folder.
    Well, for some reason it does on mine even after I took out the one in "other modules" (In myDocuments/Games/NWN folder), in which was the "old" version. All my Premium modules are in Steam game folder.