Skip to content

Dual class Werewolf

Hello to all!
I was wondering about creating a Dual-classed Shapeshifter/Fighter.

I have some doubts about it:
- When should I stop being a Werewolf and start as a Fighter?
- Should I put a 18 in STR or put 17 and wait for the Manual of STR?
- What kind of weapon/style are the Werewolf claws?
- Is it a worth character?

Let's hear your opinions, guys!

Anyway, the roleplayer in me is drooling over the concept of a militar-Werewolf.... :D

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Are werewolves actually a character option?
  • duergar85duergar85 Member Posts: 24
    The Shapeshifter Druid Kit let you use a Werewolf transformation, so yes... ;)
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    I thought about this for a while, but I really don't know if it's worth it or not. Claws don't count as weapons of any class, so you're losing on weapon bonuses. However, in BG2 you would still get carrier effects (like, say, stun from Celestial Fury) if you had them equiped before shapeshifting. That was obviously a bug, so I'm not sure if it's even still there in EE and BG1 had sucky magical weapons anyway.
    Yeah, I thought about it but I don't think there is any reason to do something useless like this.

So, thanks to all and I will pick something else to try... Eheheh
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    It would be wiser to start off as a fighter and then dual to Shapeshifter but theres not much point since claws don't count as a weapon class.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    To bad these couldn't be treated like a monks attacks or hand to hand specialization.
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    I posted this a while back. The discussion may help you a bit here. http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/threads/shapeshifter-fighter.102438/
    Replies and then more questions...
    @chickenhed Thanks for the tips, you just make it sound cool again...
    Basically, if I understand clearly and the EE version works like the Vanilla:
    - Bonuses from Weapons, Armors and Items get through the Were-form
    - ThAC0 and Extra Attacks (both from Fighter levels, Specializations and Dual Wield) get through the Were-form
    - [NOT SURE] Resistances stack with the Were-form
    - [BUG] I could dispel the Claws to use normal Weapons in Were-form

The build I have in mind for BGEE could be (with 160k xp cap):
    Shapeshifter(2)/Fighter(8) - 1 use of the Were-form
    Shapeshifter(3)/Fighter(8) - 2 uses of the Were-form and level 2 spells
    Shapeshifter(5)/Fighter(8) - 3 uses of the Were-form and level 3 spells

Not bad at all...

Any comments? :D
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    You know I never thought of doing that. Just for fun but yet not too weak. I never considered Dualing BEFORE getting greater werewolf form. I suppose I just didn't think it would be worth it. However, your options of dualing at 2, 3, and 5 have me intrigued. Might be kind of fun to play around with. :)
    It's amazing how much confusing can be the phrase "May shapeshift into the form of a werewolf once per day for every 2 levels (starts at 1st level with one use)."
    Does it mean that it's at 1-3-5-7-etc (Odd rule) or 1-2-4-6-etc (Even rule) ? I think I will try Shadow Keeper just to understand this.

I think the optimal choice is Shapeshifter(3)/Fighter(X) if it's the Odd rule or Shapeshifter(4)/Fighter(X) if it's the Even rule. In the first case it's 2 Were-form a level 2 Spells, in the second case it's 3 Were-form and slightly more level 2 Spells. Level 3 Spells are reduced all to "Call Lightning", quite useless for a melee-oriented character.

When the Were-form become useless, it "just" become a dual-wielding Scimitar Fighter with a couple of Spells...