Skip to content

*If you are experiencing startup crash!* Solution Found and information about Intel graphics card!

Hopefully I can save some people! Last night I experienced the horrible white crash of Baldurs Gate whilst all my friends were happily playing. I also work at PC world and know that many laptops use Intel HD graphics cards which are integrated to your motherboard. However if you have a laptop which has a graphics card along side Intel HD, Like many Toshiba Laptops, Mine is P855 you can disable the Intel HD graphics card. the whole point of having that option is to save power, if a program needs to use very little graphics it will use Intel HD however if you use Photoshop or play a game you can use the other graphics card, mine is NVidia.

Long story short if you have the Startup Crash and you know its because of Intel HD, right click on desktop, and you may have an option of the graphics card on you computer, Click it "NVidia" then go into manage 3D settings and select your preferred graphics processor. If you choose your higher end card Baldurs Gate will run like a charm spell.

This may save a few of you folks, Ive tried mostly everything that is easy to do, using administration rights, Compatibility mode, re-installing the game. It does not work, it is because of the graphics card.

Comments

• MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    Damn, the mods have had reports of this, they have posted more information. It was worth trying to help :P