Skip to content

Attribute Question for container modding

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
In BGEE I noticed there"s alot of space I"d like to fill. For creatining containers what does the Launch Point X & Y variables represent? Having a tough time figuring it out.

yxcc5fjbad36.jpg

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I believe that determines where the character must stand to open the container.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited February 2020
    I guess no: Launch point coordinates are mostly used when containers (or doors) are trapped. For example, the container releases a magic missile when it is open. The spell will be cast from X-Y Launch Point location.
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    edited February 2020
    Gwendolyne wrote: »
    I guess no: Launch point coordinates are mostly used when containers (or doors) are trapped. For example, the container releases a magic missile when it is open. The spell will be cast from X-Y location.

Oh, I see! Strange, a majority of containers have launch point coordinates without having any traps assigned. Can container vertice dimemensions be copied and pasted from another map or will it just wind up in a wonky area unless each one is painstakingly mapped to it's own original coordinate?
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Yes.
    AFAIK, according to my modding experience with classic engine, the further you set the Launch point coordinates, the slower the door (or the container) opens when it is not trapped. For a container without trap, you can set the same location values to Launch point.