Skip to content

[Bug] Crash on Character Creation

HeartHeart Member Posts: 18
edited February 2020 in Technical Support
So I've never had this issue except with the latest update to EE. After that I began to have it off and on, and eventually, it became an issue every single time. Now it's to the point that NWN:EE will crash, without question, any time I try to make a new character. The moment I click the 'Customize' Option on a new character, the entire game crashes with no warning, no pop-ups, nothing. It simply shuts down to desktop without a word.

I've googled the problem and found a few similar issues but none quite the same. I did try the basic fix off the top of my head. I deleted all previous mods, custom portraits, etc from my PC and uninstalled it. Then reinstalled it fresh from steam, no luck. Not entirely sure where to go from there, so hopefully someone else has had the problem or has an idea as to what may be wrong.

I appreciate any assistance!

Edit: As additional information. If I play as a pre-made character, there is no issue and the game loads up without a problem. If I customize a character from the pre-made screen, then I have no issue either. It's specifically customizing new characters that crashes the game.

Comments

• HeartHeart Member Posts: 18
    I figured this out. Of course, as soon as I give up I have a premonition. To anyone that has this issue, clear out your steam workshop. I had 3-4 items downloaded from it that were causing the issue.