Skip to content

[DISCOVERY] You can add columns to itemprops.2da

Not sure if this has been "discovered" before, but you can add new item type columns to itemprops.2da, define the new column in the "PropColumn" field of baseitems.2da and the properties will be accessible in the toolset.

I discovered this while looking to add the "Cast Spell" property to gems. Rather than modify column "17_No_Props" in itemprops.2da, I added a new column labeled "24_Gems" to the 2da, after the "Label" column. Now, when I edit or create a gem in the toolset, it has "Cast Spell" available on its list of properties.

I have uploaded copies of the 2das to my Google Drive so you can see for yourself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rU53jSLEjaklvDP0q_OQQrQ26iO0_lVZ/view?usp=sharing

Now for some playtesting....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    Playtesting shows the item works as expected.

NOTE: Any new columns added to itemprops.2da MUST be added to the END of the 2da, after the "Label" column.
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    @squattingmonk @Proleric @Shadooow @Pstemarie
    To the contributors of the lexicon out here...
    Don't know if this the right place to start, but how about to add some of those discovered things to the lexicon?
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    edited June 2020
    dunahan wrote: »
    @squattingmonk @Proleric @Shadooow @Pstemarie
    To the contributors of the lexicon out here...
    Don't know if this the right place to start, but how about to add some of those discovered things to the lexicon?

Lexicon has no iformations on 2DAs nor any category for them. Ie. no place where could I write that. What Pstermarie found is new (for me at least, but as always when you make a statement like this there will always be peoples claiming they knew that for years), but not really unexpected. Personally, the existing categories covers all my needs, so this is not useful knowhow for me.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    2da info has traditionally been held in the NWN wiki, which I guess can be updated by any registered member.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Yeah it's in the wiki which is now owned by fandom which has an extremely obnoxious cookie and tracking policy. I don't know why the community can't host it's own wiki like on the vault or something but that's the way it is I guess.
    Thank to all for your comments about how you are thinking about that.
    Currently I am collecting some of them in my own little 'wiki'. But if there is a official way to document those, it's better way to use that (my own isn't reachable over internet).
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @FreshLemonBun said
    I don't know why the community can't host it's own wiki like on the vault

There is one but it's grossly underused. Look here.

TR
    @TarotRedhand Thanks, thats good to know!
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    @TarotRedhand Probably because nobody knows about it and it doesn't come up on search results like the old wiki does. It would need some work to make it functional like the old wiki I think and if I'm honest it looks a little disorganized. It would be great if all the information could be moved over so people don't need to use the wiki run by an unscrupulous company like Fandom.