Skip to content

EE companions interjection dialogue

xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
Do EE companions (Neera, Rasaad, Dorn etc) have interjection dialogues for the side quests?

I brought Rasaad and just finished Nalia's keep quest and quests in Waukeen's Promenade. The original companions had many things to say (as usual) but Rasaad surprisingly remained silent...No interjections in quests or with named / random npc...

If they do not talk as much as the original companion, I may consider to leave them out of the party except their own quests..

Post edited by xiaoleiwen on

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the ee npcs don't have as many interjections as the vanilla npcs. they tend to have ones during important scenes and their quests but for the most part they are very silent.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I think a lot of people were expecting really robust interjections from the new companions, but no, this didn't happen.
    jsaving wrote: »
    I think a lot of people were expecting really robust interjections from the new companions, but no, this didn't happen.

the thing is they have about as much dialogue as the other npcs in sod. it's bg 2 where it becomes weird. neera for example has maybe 4 interjections through out the whole game thats not from her quest.

1. her asking you not to help edwin
    2. you losing your soul
    3. the tree of life scene and the final interjection in hell before the last battle
    4. before you make the last choice in tob.

all the vanilla npcs has something to say when you get a quest. but not the ee npcs so it sticks out like a sore thumb.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Yes you are right, if you care about SoD then there is more of a reason to carry the new characters in your party.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for the information, it is quite disappointing but at least I will do their personal quests and see some of the banters this time...
    Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    Actually Neera has several dialogues with your companions. She has a funny one with Minsc about Boo.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Shangeroo wrote: »
    Actually Neera has several dialogues with your companions. She has a funny one with Minsc about Boo.

Yes there are banters with the other companions, but for me interjections are more important because this make them talk in the whole game.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    I'd rather have complete silence than the insufferable Anomen and turnip-loving vertically challenged Jan Jansen nag my ear off
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325

The EE companions do have inter-party banter, but the OP was referring specifically to interjections, or the NPCs piping up during conversations with non-party NPCs during quests and such. :) To which, yeah, they're a lot more quiet in BG2 outside of key quests and their own personal quests, which is a shame. Given her history, I was totally expecting Neera to have something to say during the meeting with the Dryad Queen in Firespear Hills, but nope.
    edited February 2020
    Zaxares wrote: »

The EE companions do have inter-party banter, but the OP was referring specifically to interjections, or the NPCs piping up during conversations with non-party NPCs during quests and such. :) To which, yeah, they're a lot more quiet in BG2 outside of key quests and their own personal quests, which is a shame. Given her history, I was totally expecting Neera to have something to say during the meeting with the Dryad Queen in Firespear Hills, but nope.

it is disappointing. you'd think beamdog would have done more. but in both bg 1 with npc project and in bg 2 the ee characters stick out like a sore thumb as they just don't have as muck dialogue as the vanilla npcs.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i find the EE npcs, at least the not evil ones (as the evil ones are on an evilness level that make them not playable at all, as i never play evil), somehow too special.
    i think that beamdog went a little, or maybe not a little, too far in having them special and desirable.
    huge personal quests, special powerful items (the one that lowers the wild mage surge chance alone i very OP, making a wild mage much more viable without abusing on reload, and in original you had to use item mods like BoM item pack, stuffed with OP items, to have something equivalent).
    and from what i read the whole poison ability was toned down, nerfed, quite a bit, making the assassin kit way less interesting (as in a 6 people party he reaches high stab multipliers right when stabbing becomes way less effective), just to allow the new blackguard kit, tailored for dorn, to be not too op.

so if beamdog had some restrain at least in the interjections i can see it only in a positive way, the EE npcs are already way overdone.
    and don't get me wrong, i love to play neera, and rasad is not bad at all imo, and probably also the evil ones are interesting for those that like to play evil.
    hexxatt's immortality apart, a npc that can not die, that even if chunked is automatically resurrected just resting? no please, this is probably the only aspect of a EE npc that imho is an utter crap...
    the ee npcs were meant to fill in niches that were lacking in the vanilla game. we never had a wild mage or a monk [ we had a monk mod npc but he was only in tob] in the bg games. and bg 2 lacked an evil thief so hexxat was kind needed.

if anything i would not call neera a special snow flake. the whole start of her arc is her not liking her powers and wanting to get rid of them, her wild magic is treated like bad thing she is not some mary sue. if anything neera is very selfish in bg 1 and sod. it's not until bg 2 that she becomes a better person and starts defending other wild mages.