Skip to content

[Suggestion] Switch Keyboard Support for Chat

Hello! Apologies if this is the wrong forum/format for this.

I’d like to suggest better support for keyboards on the Switch. Currently, it does work, but it is very awkward. In order to chat with a keyboard online you need to select the chat bar with the controller and then open the Switch onscreen keyboard window and THEN you can type with the keyboard in the chat bar.

Not sure if it is possible with the Switch API, but I would like it a lot better if you could simply hit Enter on an attached keyboard and then begin typing in the chat area without the onscreen keyboard.

The current method makes it very hard to communicate on persistent worlds, making role playing almost impossible.

Comments

• ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2020
    In the PC version just pressing Enter works. It's kind of strange that they removed that for other versions. I would find it pretty annoying even using a PC with a mouse if I had to click on the chat bar each time.
  • LionbladeLionblade Member Posts: 4
    Zwerkules wrote: »
    In the PC version just pressing Enter works. It's kind of strange that they removed that for other versions. I would find it pretty annoying even using a PC with a mouse if I had to click on the chat bar each time.

Agreed- and yes! It is very annoying on the consoles. It takes too long to type with all the extra steps, plus the extra window taking up half the screen makes it impossible to see what was said previously or who you’re talking to.