Skip to content

Grapical bugs

onmikkelsenonmikkelsen Member Posts: 25
Major graphical bugs:
Problem 1: Start up screen where you choose your game version: 'tutorial' 'black pits' 'baldurs gate' is flashing with a flashing interval of .5s

Problem 2: Entering small buildings where you enter a chat mode with a character, creates two identical houses one upper and 1 lower version.

Problem 3: Scrolling on your mouse inside a house, provides a zoom. If you zoom in an outer layer of 'larger' house is still present.

Problem 4: Character position doesn't show up on the map.

Problem 5: All maps have full visibility, while the mouse cursor doesn't. If you move the cursor into a unexplored but still visible area the mouse turns into Ø. Where it should be an unexplored blackscreen.

Problem 6: Ordering characters to move, doesn't provide a green final detestation point marker as BG1 BG2.

Minor non-graphical problems:
Problem 7: Alt doesn't highlight items and chests (as in Icewind dale)

Comments

• EruelethErueleth Member Posts: 5
    I have all of those bugs and also there's no circle in any characther of que game. Even enemies.
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    Tab highlights items, not Alt.
  • wrbrakerwrbraker Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problems with no green blue or red circles and the detect traps does not work
  • onmikkelsenonmikkelsen Member Posts: 25
    wrbraker said:

I have the same problems with no green blue or red circles and the detect traps does not work

Oh yeah.. me too
  • EruelethErueleth Member Posts: 5
    It's working now!
    I did this:

- Run in compatibility mode for: Windows 95
    - Disable visual themes
    - Disable desktop composition
    - Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Now it's working perfectly!
    Wakukee said:

Actually, I have found that all of these issues disappear for me if I start the game in windowed mode, and then switch to fullscreen. You can't go from fullscreen to windowed and back, you have to start in windowed.

This helped for me:D
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Are these graphical problems still around after recent patches (even if you start full screen)?

Are these graphical problems still around after recent patches (even if you start full screen)?

If im starting the game in fullscreen mode, im still experience a flashing start up screen (prob1) and still have no circles around characters and their destination points.

The rest of the bugs have been cleaned up for me:)

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    About the circles, you can crank up marker feedback, and they will appear. (gameplay options/feedback)