Skip to content

Help with custom race mod!

darkydoofdarkydoof Member Posts: 16
kmprjjg1fa5r.jpg
Hello fellow nerds!
I've just installed the "[MOD] "Beta" 38 Subraces for BG:EE - 0.87" uploaded originally here by Corsymyr and when i go to the wizard guy "Innesdav" and choose "Underdark" origin for my Half-Elf F/M the race name "Half Drow" don't display at all. Then i tweak around a bit with EEKeeper to select the race "Half-Drow", save it and still doesn't show still.

Is there a workaround to show the race name?. I'm currently playing the EE 2.5 version on Windows 7.

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    edited March 2020
    Can you upload the mod's setupfile? I'm getting all sorts of flags about suspicious/bad sites when I clicked the link to download it, and that's the main file I need to use to figure out why it isn't working. I love troubleshooting and figuring out bugs in mods, but I don't want to risk a virus! I'm guessing the file name is "setup-subrace.tp2" that I would need.

I know what needs to be done, my own mod Emily uses Aasimar for her race with no issues, but it would require a code change.

If I can't fix it blindly, I can maybe just make a quick mod to do this.

• darkydoofdarkydoof Member Posts: 16
    Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/y2rrnk7z7zx2a/subrace_mod
    Thanks in advance.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    edited March 2020
    ly3wmwcahumn.png

This should work. It patches specifically half-drow so it displays in the UI. I'd rather not patch every race as I don't have author permission to work on this mod, so if there is a specific race you want to play and need the bug fixed for, I can edit that race specifically.

Just open the zip file and move the setup file to replace the other setup file in the mod folder, then re-install the mod.
  • darkydoofdarkydoof Member Posts: 16
    Thanks a lot man!