Skip to content

Ausar the Riven, a Fanfic Playthrough + A Call for Illustrators

RaoRao Member Posts: 141
Hey everyone! Just stumbled upon this subforum the other day, having never even noticed it before. It’s amazing how much great content there is secreted away in the little nooks and crannies of this site. Anyway, I come before you with directions and a request.

First, the directions. If you like Baldur’s Gate fan-fiction, I encourage you to take a gander at my own work on the Challenges & Playthroughs subforum here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/78398/ausar-the-riven-fighter-mage#latest. There you will find the unfolding tale of Ausar (the Riven), an elven fighter/mage. Because my narrative will be integrated with my gameplay, it may not qualify as “conventional” fan-fiction, but if you like the descriptive, literary aspects of fan-fiction, I do not think you will be disappointed. I have been updating the thread regularly for 2ish weeks and just posted the final part of the Prologue last Friday.

Second, the request. If anyone here reads my work, enjoys it, and has talent in the visual arts, please consider DMing me to discuss a potential collaboration. A well-composed picture can be highly memorable and evocative. Adding some illustrations to my work would help the story spring to life for readers who are as much visually- as they are verbally-inclined. Any interest would be wonderful, but I do reserve the right to make totally ad hoc and discretionary judgments.

Anyway, thanks for listening! Hope to hear from some of you soon :)